akabuilder

Resizing or Rescaling View Sent to Layout

How do you rescale a 3D camera view that is already sent to Layout. Used to be an option to resize and I'm not seeing that anymore. Am I missing something? When I send to Layout the rescale option  is grayed out....used to be a convenient option at the bottom of screen to quickly resize, anyway here's the layout file. Thank you 

#1Scott Shop:Boone ADDITION (modified).layout

Right click one of the corner grips of the layout box and stretch.

I did do that but it doesn't change the live camera view size. Only the layout box is enlarged....the camera view stays the same

How did you send it? Current Screen or Current Screen as Image?

How did you send the view to layout.

If it was an elevation view the Rescale Layout View should be available and work.

it looks like you may have sent an image to layout.

Posting both the plan and layout will help more.

Why not just resend?

You can use Transform/Replicate to resize, but the image won't look very good, especially if you make it bigger.

The rescale option only shows for things sent to layout as scaled.

So something like an elevation view or 2D which could have dimensions is the way to go than?

I would like to send as realistic a view as possible (hence the image view) for the client but it looks so small

3 minutes ago, akabuilder said:

I did try to resend but its not any better or bigger. 

Did you zoom in more before sending?

1 minute ago, akabuilder said:

So something like an elevation view or 2D which could have dimensions is the way to go than?

Depends on what you are trying to show.

Since the building is already built, (its the overhang post structure and stairs that will be added) I'm want to give the client as accurate and large a  view as possible

I'll guess at the problem.

You have your 3D camera open and the building is as large as possible just fitting within the window.

You send to Layout and the image is not large enough, so you want to resize making it bigger.

Yes I did zoom in. No increase in size, but  because of the length of the structure it limits my zoom

Experiment with exporting an image then importing into Layout instead of using Send To Layout.

For best results, I would run a Ray Trace for the image, but a regular 3D view might also work.

There are several ways to do what you want.  Here are a few...

• Float over one of the corner edit handles, push and hold the X key, and then left click and drag to enlarge the view. 
  • Select the Layout Box while holding the Shift or control key and then use the little circular handle at the top of your selection to enlarge the view.
  • Select the Layout Box, click on the Transform/Replicate tool and then enlarge the view using a Resize Factor of greater than 1.0.