No1ZZTopfan

Paint Garage Floor

I would like to add the paint sample attached (med_sprinkle) and use it on the garage floor but each time I create the material it comes out as tiled. In addition, when it is solid its massive instead of regular size (see garage pic). Any suggestions/tips would be most grateful. Thanks.

Using CA12 on Win10Pro

garage.JPG

med_sprinkle.jpg

What is wrong with it being tiled ?  The sample seems much smaller than the room.

28 minutes ago, No1ZZTopfan said:

This link is what I'm referring to. I'm trying to duplicate it.

Yes that can be achieved.   What did it look like when you tiled the material sample ?  You can also adjust the scale of the tiling if necessary.

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes that can be achieved.   What did it look like when you tiled the material sample ?  You can also adjust the scale of the tiling if necessary.

Scaling didn't work to my needs (see attachments). I couldn't get rid of the tile lines.
I tried just about everything that I could think of with my current knowledge of the software and could not get it to work the way I want it.

speckle 1.JPG

speckle 2.JPG

Snip it just inside the border, with a screencap tool, so the image is clean.

3 hours ago, No1ZZTopfan said:

Scaling didn't work to my needs (see attachments). I couldn't get rid of the tile lines.
I tried just about everything that I could think of with my current knowledge of the software and could not get it to work the way I want it.

Sorry I did not notice the black border. That makes it tricky.  Give this one a try, I made it in GIMP.

med_sprinkle_seamless.jpg

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Sorry I did not notice the black border. That makes it tricky.  Give this one a try, I made it in GIMP.

med_sprinkle_seamless.jpg

It works great but one problem. I can only apply it through material painter and it puts the pattern on top of the concrete walls. Look closely under the windows on the left.

garage.JPG

15 minutes ago, No1ZZTopfan said:

It works great but one problem. I can only apply it through material painter and it puts the pattern on top of the concrete walls. Look closely under the windows on the left.

That is definitely an odd situation.  I have a feeling it has been discussed before but don't know if it is a bug or if there is a clever solution. 

• Upvote 1