Csnrv2019

Reset everything to default!

Friends I have done something to our program that I cannot seem to figure out in regards to our dimension settings and showing things by defaults and preferences, and I just want to reset everything! Basically, I would rather just start it all over and begin again fresh with the entire program to the defaults it came with new!

Can this be done? If so how?

Should I just uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks for your help.

Just now, Csnrv2019 said:

I have done something to our program that I cannot seem to figure out in regards to our dimension settings and showing things by defaults and preferences,

What have you done?

Have you searched Help for reset? You will find some options.

You can always uninstall then reinstall.

Resetting the New Plan Default Template back to Chief's OOB Residental Template.plan file should put the Default back to factory settings (OOB)

if you have corrupted it by accidentally saving your Defaults to it , there is a copy in the Chief Program Folder > Templates too.

If you are trying to fix one File ?          import the Defaults from the OOB Residential Template to "reset" the current Plan

You can also reset Preferences Etc if that is the issue ?

A reinstall should fix that too .....rename the Chief Data Folder in My Documents 1st though so Chief Creates a new one and refreshes everything.

Mick

Here is a screen shot, I dont need all of these measurements and cant get any changes I make to get them off! 

ca defaults layer set settings.JPG

ca dimensions.JPG

Looks like you used the auto dimension tools.

Go to Edit>Delete Objects, select Dimensions and delete them.

5 minutes ago, Csnrv2019 said:

Here is a screen shot

that would of been good in the 1st post  :) 

Eric is right......make sure All Floor is set at the top of the Delete Objects DBX and select Auto and manual and they'll all disappear.

M.

I appreciate both of you and didn't mean to cause anyone to have to diagnose the problem, as I have worked on it and struggled for several days with it. My auto dimensions are locating it seems nearly everything for whatever reason 75 % of the home? Why is it doing this? How can I get it to stop? I have used auto dimensions to easily toggle them off on and not draw manual dimensions all the time. That's why I wanted to just get it back to the default and I could stop searching for a fix. If you have a fix I am willing to try it. 

3 minutes ago, solver said:

What do your settings look like?

ct1.thumb.png.d27a50b2e99693e2968a1540233eaf2d.png

you can also 

image.thumb.png.7b33371eae446f723cf406c7ef51b76f.png

Attach the plan file, close Chief first, and I'll have a look.

The Dimensions are all on the Framing-Floor dimensions layer ?

1. switch to ALL OFF layerset,
  2. Turn on Dimensions Framing-Floor 
  3. Shift select them all and delete..

*The previous advice works as well to get rid of them though ? what did I miss?

M.

**** MHD_bobbitplan.plan

Edited by Kbird1
ADDED PLAN FILE BACK TO POST

7 minutes ago, Csnrv2019 said:

If I turn all layers off nothing shows on the screen? 

See your plan I posted above..... I deleted them... and reset Defaults

Correct > now turn on Dimensions> Framing Floor Only in the ALDO  and delete them.

image.thumb.png.706a96a586676c414e32d52cc12f1679.png

*** Delete Objects works though too and is easier ...I thought it hadn't worked for some reason

On your "Floor Plan Dimensioned Layer Set", turn off the display of the "Dimensions, Framing - Floor" layer - the unwanted dimensions are your floor framing dimensions.