Roof Slope Arrows

DzinEye

I've been making my own roof slope arrows since day 1 because I never liked my control over the appearance of the auto-labels we get.  I'd sure like to be able to use the auto-labels, so I'm giving them one last attempt.  I know how to control the text and the arrow-head.  Does anyone know of a way to control the length of the arrows?  There seems to be no connection to the length of the text string, it seems like there is some baked-in ratio to the text height ?   Is that the case, or is there another way to control it ?

Arrow.JPG

46 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

baked-in ratio to the text height ?

I've always used them and this is what I've found to be true.That being said, I suppress them for small roof planes OR I'll move them and use a leader line with a circle arrow head to identify small or thin roof planes. While I also dislike the lack of user control, I've felt the pros outweigh the cons.

• Like 1

The ratio is 8 to 1, and you can actually use the Reference Display capabilities with or without custom macros to get what you want.  The main key points:

-Reference Floor is same as existing floor.

-One layer set uses a taller text style to control the arrow length.  Text color is either set to white or a custom macro is utilized to display different label in different layer set (blank in this particular layer set)).

-Other layer set has normal text style assigned but Roofs, Labels layer is set to invisible line style.  
-Put the first layer set (the one displaying the desired text) on top.  
-Move the text in relation to the arrow by using carriage returns either before or after the displayed text.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

you can actually use the Reference Display capabilities

Thx Michael.  Hmmm... okay, so it is do-able... but holy cow whatabuncha monkeying around...  sigh.   I guess once you get it set up in the SPV it's mostly self regulating.  I'll give it a try.