Connecting Trusses

GCharb

Hello everyone, first post here, as I am evaluating premiere.

I am able to create trusses no problems, but I cannot get my hear around connecting trusses for this full gable roof, that is assuming it is feasible!

0c2qqme5j3d3l486g.jpg

The results I am looking for would give something like this from the inside...

1ombqhdz32s1q376g.jpg

Has anyone suggestions on how to accomplish this, or perhaps a tutorial, text or video?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Gilles

Gilles, Trusses will follow the ceiling planes and must be placed after the ceiling planes are defined. Also ceiling planes' pitches are almost always less than the roof pitch so getting what you're showing is hard with trusses, but possible.

I attached a plan that has 4:12 roof pitch, and 2:12 ceiling pitch, then the trusses are drawn. It's not a very good representation of real world truss framing but might help you figure it out.

Oh yeah to get the attic condition just add a second floor and apply the same truss/ceiling plane settings.

truss plan 1.plan

Trusses are not a good solution for what you are trying to accomplish.  

If you absolutely insist, on trusses then you would need to go parallel cord.  You can do this by adding ceiling planes 12" to 16" below your roof plane baseline, or vice versa.  Oviousily, this is an over simplification given your nondescript conditions.  A large span will necessitate you deepen the distance between chords, and floor support from a truss can be complicating as well.