Hello, I am trying to put together a floating deck on top of a roof patio. As soon as I draw the deck it cut a hole in the roof slab. How can I achieve to show the deck?

Don't use a deck for the room type, use a balcony. Then, define the layers in the room spec dbx. to match the roof construction, then add the layers you need (above) for the platform. You'll probably want to add another floor for this. And yes, the room will still cut the roof, but the room's floor will now match the roof assembly. 

Hello to all CA experts,

image.thumb.png.d160e578ba88bac37e039d56475f9244.png

this is an image from one of the article. this is exact seneario what I am trying to achieve. I have attached my plan for reference. when I try to create a floating deck it cuts a hole through the slab. How can I get this done.?

220008.plan

Hmmm. Here's your plan back. I didn't do much but hopefully what I did makes sense to you.

220008.plan

Thanks Robert. How did you do that? Can you please give me some tips? Now I have to create the real shape. Please guide me

4 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Hmmm. Here's your plan back. I didn't do much but hopefully what I did makes sense to you.

220008.plan

how did you manage to get that middle rail as well?

1 minute ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

how did you manage to get that middle rail as well?

double click on it and investigate.

32 minutes ago, robdyck said:

220008.plan

figured it out. thanks buddy. appreciate your great help.

On 8/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, robdyck said:

double click on it and investigate.

Hi Robert,

I was trying to create the molding on the glass panel as you have shown. Unfortunately its not appearing on the glass railing wall, any reason?

3 hours ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

Hi Robert,

I was trying to create the molding on the glass panel as you have shown. Unfortunately its not appearing on the glass railing wall, any reason?

Is the layer you drew the molding on turned on in the view you're looking for it ?

1 minute ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

but not on the glass panel 

Make the molding profile really big, like 8'x8', and give it a bright color.

It's probably just in the wrong position.

Thanks Eric.  Like I mentioned I could see them on a wall, but not on the glass panel. As you suggested I used a bright color as well

Check your molding polyline -- moldings are OFF on some edges.

ct1.thumb.png.c7abbffb0d5b03792a24559c295952e7.png