Roof top deck

ChiefuserMathews

Don't use a deck for the room type, use a balcony. Then, define the layers in the room spec dbx. to match the roof construction, then add the layers you need (above) for the platform. You'll probably want to add another floor for this. And yes, the room will still cut the roof, but the room's floor will now match the roof assembly. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

Hi Robert,

I was trying to create the molding on the glass panel as you have shown. Unfortunately its not appearing on the glass railing wall, any reason?

Is the layer you drew the molding on turned on in the view you're looking for it ?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    rrivera86
    Newest Member
    rrivera86

• By jparkerrendering
      I figured this question has been addressed many times but I couldn't find it in the forum,
      I'm running into a frequent issue when creating box eaves on dormers and custom roof planes. They disappear only when the ridge is connected with an adjacent roof.
      The box eaves will reappear if I separate the roof ridge line, (as shown in my attached photos),or move my roof base line Away from the wall by the desired eave distance, or when I drag the plane inside the outer wall perimeter.

If anyone else has experienced the same issue or is aware of a practical work around, I am all ears.

I appreciate your time for reviewing this post.
    • By Designer100
      I cannot get the breezeway roof on the opposite side to work and slope with stairs. I would appreciate any help. 
      Colburn.zip
    • By Walt_Alaska
      New to CA Architect 2021. Doing an addition that includes an attic room. I'm having trouble matching the roof and cieling deminsions for that area. It includes a flat and angled cieling plus pony walls that are also exterior walls. See the sketch with finished interior deminsions. Any help is appreciated.

• By allieceravolo
      I am looking for some help on a roof plan I am working on (copying a 2d elevation from an architect) and can't seem to get this to look right! 
      (Also, I don't typically do exterior renderings and thought I would get some practice in - but clearly have no idea what I am doing :))

• By ChiefuserMathews
      why is that I do not get the option to edit the footing size. attached plan for ref. current size is 16", i want to change it to 12"
      221016.plan