open between clg & roof issue and back wall above exist roof

can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam

CA 12

newell@newellcheatheam.com 

PERPECTIVE ISSUES 08.05.2020.jpg

Patio Remodeling.plan

You need to cut the existing roof eave overhang back where it encroaches into the new porch.

The existing roof eave is preventing the wall from building up - same as the real world.

What type of wall do you want - brick for the full width, cladding for part of it.

You may have to go up to the attic level and change the wall type.

• Upvote 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Lineman
    Newest Member
    Lineman

• By Travis-Garcia
      I cannot seem to figure out how to make this exposed gable have the same shiplap siding on it that the house has. I built the patio piece by piece using framing members and added roof planes and ceiling planes then added the gable. Now II cannot figure out how to add siding. 

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021

• By CCOTEY
      Hello,

I'm new to chief architect and I'm having trouble with this tricky sloped wall. For some reason this weird cut out that reflects the shape of the stair railings is showing up on the ceiling. If anyone has recommendations on how to fix this please share! Thanks

• By Doug-ib
      First post here, this is my first attempt at roof truss. As you will see in the PDF attached the gables that are on the front of the duplex are being supported by the truss that are running in the vertical direction. I am wondering if this is normal as i cannot seem to create truss for the gables on the font of the home. If there is a more effective means of building roof truss for roofs of this style id love to hear them.
      truss question.pdf front view.pdf
    • By since1937
      How can I enclose the roof overhang so the beams/trusses aren’t exposed when walking outside from French doors? In the picture I colored in red where I’m trying to not have an open overhang. The overhang is 8’, and I will have structural posts to hold up overhang.

• By aurorainteriors
      Hi All.

Still new to the program and figuring things out. I have built an automatic roof and am trying to modify it to be a gable roof instead of the default hip roof. I have watched the various videos on how to do this as well as read through forums and have not been able to figure out why my roof will not adjust to a gable after changing each wall to be a gable setting. I've attached screenshots and uploaded the file. The client only wanted a model for purposes of seeing a new deck/stair option and paint color so the roof isn't the most important thing but I still want it to resemble their house. 

Thanks,
      Krissy
      Chief Architect Premier X12 (64 bit)

Bristol House.plan