Curved soffit

Apollosg

How do I draw a curved soffit?  I have tried a few different things with mixed results.  

1.  I drew an invisible curved wall, that enclosed the space to be a separate room.  This framed the wall correctly (somewhat) for the drawings but the wall doesn't show up on the 3D view.

2.  Created a polyline solid, curved the face and changed type to drywall.  This created the exact look I wanted in 3D, but there is no framing on the framing layer.  Should I have put this on the "Cabinet - Soffit" layer when converting?  Also trying to make this a trey ceiling with a -12' value.  It created the lower framing, but created an error.

3.  Tried everything I could think of with pony walls and railings, but they still confuse me a bit.

4. Used the cabinet soffit tool.  This does not seem to allow for curves and odes not create framing.

Do you ignore framing and create a detail drawing?

As a new user I am still trying to understand the correct way to achieve things in CA.

Gary

Couple of questions / points:

• why would you need framing for an invisible wall?
  • a polyline solid will not build framing
  • why do you need framing built for a soffit? You can detail this using CAD tools in a section view or a CAD detail.
  • You can put the p-solid on the soffit layer, but that doesn't change any other properties of the p-solid.
  • Yes, to ignore framing.
  • Solids will be the fastest, simplest and most stable way to accomplish what (I think) you want for both plan view and 3D views.

1 hour ago, Apollosg said:

How do I draw a curved soffit?  I have tried a few different things with mixed results.  

1.  I drew an invisible curved wall, that enclosed the space to be a separate room.  This framed the wall correctly (somewhat) for the drawings but the wall doesn't show up on the 3D view.

2.  Created a polyline solid, curved the face and changed type to drywall.  This created the exact look I wanted in 3D, but there is no framing on the framing layer.  Should I have put this on the "Cabinet - Soffit" layer when converting?  Also trying to make this a trey ceiling with a -12' value.  It created the lower framing, but created an error.

3.  Tried everything I could think of with pony walls and railings, but they still confuse me a bit.

4. Used the cabinet soffit tool.  This does not seem to allow for curves and odes not create framing.

Do you ignore framing and create a detail drawing?

As a new user I am still trying to understand the correct way to achieve things in CA.

Gary

First - post the plan or at least a sample plan. You will get accurate answers to your question...otherwise all you will get are good guesses.