Roof Assistance

cjones1680

Hello,

I am stuck with my roof trying to figure out how to create a double gable.  Attached is a screenshot what I have with the blue lines showing what I'm trying to do, as well as a floor plan view.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

-Courtney

Double Gable Floorplan.PNG

Double Gable.png

Place the roofs as your penciled it. Draw it manually if you need to and raise the pitch as you show. You'll probably need to move the window a little too. I would be happy to do a one on one meeting via Zoom to show you if you like. 832-754-6160

I think the problem is that I'm only using the Home Designer Suite version and don't have the advanced tools of Premier/Architectural...?  If it's possible in my version, could you please send screenshots?

I know you did not ask for any design input, but looking at you attached picture the two 2nd story roofs (gable and front hip) really need reworked; they are going to be trouble down the road and gutters will almost be impossible to install between them with the eaves so close together. I would probably bring the 2nd floor front wall (hip), which is  to the right of the 2nd floor gable, over to meet the side wall from the gable and totally eliminate that space between the two exterior walls; been down this road before. Just my 2 cents.

8 hours ago, cjones1680 said:

While I have your attention, how would I go about clipping this wall with the stairs?

In plan view place the wall you wish to "clip" directly underneath the edge of the stair object instead of beside it like you have in your posted image. Once done that action will cause the stairs to clip that wall underneath the stair object.

I agree with Eric in that hardly anyone here uses any Home Designer Software and certainly not Home Designer Suite. You are better off posting at Home Talk instead of here.

DJP