cant select individual rooms

MichaelEric

I have done something that makes it impossible to select individual rooms, but only on the first floor. When I click "select" anywhere on the plan, almost the entire plan- but not all- is shaded. I included a screen shot. When I open the object a "room specification" dialog opens but instead of the usual options, the only choices are "wall covering" and "materials." "General, Structure, Deck Molding" etc do not appear. I am still able to select individual components (wall, door,etc) but not rooms. Obviously this is limiting in completing the plan. 

I do not have rooms locked in the display options. I do not have this problem with second floor and crawl space in the same plan.

I have looked at everything and cannot seem to find a solution- perhaps it has something to do with materials?   Does anyone have an idea of how I can return this to normal operation for rooms? 

(I am using CA X6; only an occasional user so no expert. )

ca screen crop.jpg

I think you are selecting the "external room".

The problem could stem from one of the 2 small rooms you have created either side of the front porch.

Notice how one is shaded and one is not shaded.

It also looks like the exterior room polyline turns inside out on the front porch.

Have a play around the front porch area and see if you can resolve it.

Or...you could always post the plan.

thanks glennw! I had not been able to resolve the double thick wall ends at the porch and used cad lines to mark what I needed to go back to . I just inserted a  new turned  short  exterior wall at both interior ends and was able to fill the wall ends and that resolved the problem. Now that I think of it the way I drew that  was probably not the right way to approach it anyway.

Also, thanks KBird. I did check that as it sounded somewhat familiar. I have to relearn every time i use the program so I go around clicking this and that to remind myself what happens- I was afraid I had inadvertently clicked something that made a huge change. As simple as the plan looks, the house is very complicated and I should have started something simpler. 

I can open rooms again. What a relief!