WALL SHOWING THROUGH

BigKahuna

Just a guess without the plan file but some sort of a misalignment or layers intersection issue.  It may be evident on the attic level but those walls are a little tricky sometimes.

1 minute ago, BigKahuna said:

as soon as I Posted I thought of a reason for the problem and it worked..

Maybe you could share the solution for anyone else that runs into the same type of problem ?

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Maybe you could share the solution for anyone else that runs into the same type of problem ?

when I clicked on it there was like an invisible attic wall?  above the roof line in front of where the stud wall was showing through. Once I clicked on it the user grips were highlighted and I could simply delete it.  Not sure why the wall ever generated but I am less than an expert on rooflines

heres a few pictures of the project

REVISED RENDERING 1.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 3.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 4.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 6.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 7.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BigKahuna said:

when I clicked on it there was like an invisible attic wall?  above the roof line in front of where the stud wall was showing through. Once I clicked on it the user grips were highlighted and I could simply delete it.  Not sure why the wall ever generated but I am less than an expert on rooflines

heres a few pictures of the project

REVISED RENDERING 1.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 3.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 4.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 6.jpg

REVISED RENDERING 7.jpg

Very nice and glad it worked for you.

Just wanted to add one thing to this post for anyone finding it that someone else mentioned regarding this behavior the other day in a post:

When you are building your model once the roof goes on, Chief will automatically add in the attic walls to fill the gaps between the ceiling and the roof planes.  They are OOB set to automatically build and as long as you have them turned on it will do it's own thing.  However if you change them by changing the individual setting, "painting" a new surface, or try to delete them they lose their auto behavior.    Now if you change your exterior layout or roof as you almost always do at this point then the attic wall will not move or rebuild properly.  If you then try to delete the "errant" attic wall it will automatically add in an invisible wall in it's place as the system thinks you don't want it to show there so it is filling in the gap with an invisible wall to still close the proverbial ceiling roof box...  You have to delete the invisible wall as well or you will get a weird remnant (like you saw in this case.) on the outside of the new attic wall.  If you delete the invisible wall after deleting the attic wall and there is no need for the attic wall with the current setup then it will not rebuild.

Hope that description is helpful.

Great looking model btw! :)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, rgardner said:

Very nice and glad it worked for you.

Just wanted to add one thing to this post for anyone finding it that someone else mentioned regarding this behavior the other day in a post:

When you are building your model once the roof goes on, Chief will automatically add in the attic walls to fill the gaps between the ceiling and the roof planes.  They are OOB set to automatically build and as long as you have them turned on it will do it's own thing.  However if you change them by changing the individual setting, "painting" a new surface, or try to delete them they lose their auto behavior.    Now if you change your exterior layout or roof as you almost always do at this point then the attic wall will not move or rebuild properly.  If you then try to delete the "errant" attic wall it will automatically add in an invisible wall in it's place as the system thinks you don't want it to show there so it is filling in the gap with an invisible wall to still close the proverbial ceiling roof box...  You have to delete the invisible wall as well or you will get a weird remnant (like you saw in this case.) on the outside of the new attic wall.  If you delete the invisible wall after deleting the attic wall and there is no need for the attic wall with the current setup then it will not rebuild.

Hope that description is helpful.

Great looking model btw! :)

THANKS FOR THE GREAT FEEDBACK

15 hours ago, rgardner said: