How to set overall height of pony wall in bathroom

sweetmelissa

If I use the "straight glass pony wall" type in the bathroom, the glass portion doesn't go to the ceiling and I can't figure out how to adjust the overall height of the wall.  I can place a regular interior wall (which goes to the ceiling automatically) but then I have to define it, make all the adjustments, etc.  Anyone want to tell me how to adjust the height of the "straight glass pony wall" to save me time?! Thanks in advance. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

adjust the shower wall exactly how you want it ,then save the wall to the lib. for future use. The materials can always be changed later.

Yeeeah, but surely there's a way to adjust the height of the other, right? When I make an interior wall a pony wall and put it in place, I then have to go get rid of the crown molding it put across the top of it!  Ugh.  

If you want to the Ceiling non railing wall

Less than full height equals railing and you can set the height by setting the railing height which is on top of the pony wall height so if you want it to 80” and your pony wall is set to 42 80-42=38”

2 hours ago, sweetmelissa said:

I haven't had to learn about railings/half walls to this point (which is crazy since I started this a little over 2 years ago).  I found a video "stacking railings to create a glass shower enclosure" which shows basic steps.  Thanks for your input! 

There have been a couple of excellent videos on this topic from some power users to check out:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

There have been a couple of excellent videos on this topic from some power users to check out:

3 minutes into this video he showed what I was looking for... the easiest, most efficient way to get this done.  HE JUST PULLED THE WALL DOWN!!! Oh my gosh, that is so much easier and quicker than modifying a pony wall/rail to achieve the exact same thing!  Thank you for taking the time to post this for me!!! A power user I am most definitely not! LOL! 

1 hour ago, sweetmelissa said:

Although that is a method to do it, I will be honest and this is one thing I disagree with Steve about.  In certain cases it is okay to modify those walls in elevation views it is extremely rare and only if you know what you are doing.  I would highly recommend you look at rene’s way of doing it instead as I would say that 90%of the time not only should you not pull the wall manually but it causes other issues.  

20 minutes ago, sweetmelissa said:

I understand your point.  For my application in a simple bathroom, it works perfectly.   

Glad it works for you.  Just an FYI if you see issues with the ceiling in this one or other bathrooms you use that method it will most likely be the culprit.

• Like 1