Can Auto Roof be set for an angled cantilevered fascia


rgardner
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know how to accomplish this by manually changing the roof plane and setting it to size.  But this is the only thing that I can't get this roof line to do automatically.  Anyone know how to set this so that it would auto build to be A V shaped overhang instead of straight?

 

image.thumb.png.0fef556c30562ead0cb90a5430b9dba2.pngimage.thumb.png.f6e4330626886aa19bf790a3154008b7.png

 

Tried doing a patio room with railings and room dividers with no floor/foundation out there at an angle but as its only 30" additional overhang in the center the patio walls screwed things up.  

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Tried doing a patio room with railings and room dividers with no floor/foundation out there at an angle but as its only 30" additional overhang in the center the patio walls screwed things up.  

Not sure I'm quite following this, but if you set the roof panel for whatever wall type you use for the angled walls to 'high shed/gable' it should form the roof as desired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Not sure I'm quite following this, but if you set the roof panel for whatever wall type you use for the angled walls to 'high shed/gable' it should form the roof as desired.

He's referring to a hay hood, ducks beak, bonnet, widows peak, crows beak, I believe.

No way to do this in CA, extend it manually and turn auto back on with retain manually edited roofs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

He's referring to a hay hood, ducks beak, bonnet, widows peak, crows beak I believe.

No way to do this in CA, extend it manually and turn auto back on with retain manually edited roofs

That was my thought as well.  Just thought someone smarter than me may have an auto way of doing it.  That is what I did for now.  Just curious if it was possible.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

He's referring to a hay hood, ducks beak, bonnet, widows peak, crows beak I believe.

No way to do this in CA, extend it manually and turn auto back on with retain manually edited roofs

What I'm suggesting does just that.  If I understand correctly, Ryan said he used a patio room with railing for the angled walls to define that roof shape.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

What I'm suggesting does just that.  If I understand correctly, Ryan said he used a patio room with railing for the angled walls to define that roof shape.

I tried but was unable to get them to work correctly as it would mess with the exterior wall corners on the house.  

 

But I see what Mark is talking about and that is what I was looking for if it is automatic roofs.  I know how to do it manually.   Just trying to get it to do it automatically.  when I try that option it does not work the same for me unless I manually adjusted the roof baseline, and still you have to manually rebuild the roofs every time to get it to be automatic as the automatic feature doesn't seem to work even though it is still checked.  You have to force build the roof planes again.  Which is where I was at.

 

Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, DzinEye said:

Am I misunderstanding?

Ducksbeak.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.f4489f6dd23316402c6ae54dbf7877df.png

Are you able to keep the auto roof feature on somehow?  I know how to make the roof but am trying to get it to automatically create after manually adjusting that roof baseline.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What you see above is 2 room divider walls forming an Open Below room.

 

You could also use a Roof Baseline Polyline with Auto Rebuild, but then you need to reshape or rebuild the polyline when walls change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, solver said:

What you see above is 2 room divider walls forming an Open Below room.

So did you do them as an attic wall? or just on the 2nd level?  Maybe that was my issue as I think I tried it on the first level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did get it to behave finally.  It was cutting off my exterior walls before but I think the key was the no floor part.  I had already removed the ceiling.  It still showed a couple more glitches with some molding lines and corbels I had on mine but even though I didn't have a flat ceiling selected it was causing a weird gap so when I deleted the flat ceiling definition it took care of it.  Figured there must be a way to make it work correctly.  

 

Thanks for the mental exercise everyone!  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30095
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Davididb
    Newest Member
    Davididb
    Joined