I like the 3D and 360 viewer options in Chief but I wish they would display in HD (Ray-Trace) quality. Does anyone know of such a viewer that is compatible with Chief files?

• Upvote 1

Has anyone heard of an HD upgrade to the 3D viewer coming in X13?

If you export a model in *.dae (Collada) format it can be viewed just about anywhere.  

It can even be viewed in the "Finder" file viewer on Mac, not sure if it shows up as a 3D Model on Windows explorer though.

Either way it has a way higher resolution than the Chief 3D Viewer.  Not sure what's up with that lately.

I'm almost certain it used to be of higher resolution, but I might be mistaken. 

This is a screenshot from my Macbook file Finder window of a Chief model exported as a *.dae

This is not supposed to look better than the Chief 3D Viewer...

1718045921_ScreenShot2020-09-07at4_36_13PM.thumb.png.c862a22525d2a27fd692ed2dc5e0ecbb.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jerryajohnson35
    Newest Member
    jerryajohnson35

• By Hewmorist
      I am undertaking a home remodeling project and have retained a designer who is using chief architect. I am finding it very useful to be able the view the project as a share both in a browser and my iphone/ipad. Is there any way to see plan dimensions in the 3D viewer app? If this is not possible, would an reasonable alternative approach be to load up the trial version of CA and view the project that way?
    • By Alisa_Dorado
      I'm having trouble with the 3D viewer app and google cardboard.

I have a Samsung S7 Edge, using Chief Architect 3d Viewer version 4.5.2.1317 and Google Cardboard D-Scope Pro VR headset. I have Chief Architect Interiors X9 on my computer at work. It runs Windows 7 Professional with i5-6500@ 3.2 GHz and AMD Radeon R7 350x Card. I've tried to use this app twice with two different VR headsets (The google cardboard I mentioned and an Oculus) and neither seems to be working properly. When I put the phone in the glasses, I can clearly see my rendering. But I cannot manipulate the rendering at all. I cannot move closer to it, or turn it, or "look around" it.
      Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, or there is a support application needed to make it work properly.
      I'm able to see a menu button, which I can open with the glasses on, but I am unable to click VR Entry. 
      Screenshots attached.
      Does anyone know anything about this or how to fix it?

Thanks!

• By Michael_Gia
      See image....

3D viewer model with red question marks .pdf

Why is the material missing and replaced with some wall paper with question marks?

Here is the offending material that I used. 

3D Viewer Material Cardif Texture .calibz

• By ChiefArchitect
      Now Available - Chief Architect has a new 3D Viewer product that is a virtual reality viewer on mobile devices for 3D models exported from Chief Architect software.  The product is a Free app and runs under Apple iOS and Android.

Here's a brief 
       sample plan exported to the 3D Viewer

More information is on the website

To export a 3D Viewer model from Chief Architect you will need Chief Architect X8 Premier or Interiors, version 18.3.

Once you have prepared your model for export in Chief Architect it will package up your model (textures and all) and put it under your Chief Architect cloud account.

From your Chief Architect account, you can manage the sharing, deactivation, and deletion of plans you have exported from Chief Architect.  The current number of plans you can Share on the cloud has a limit of (3) files.  If you need more storage, you can contact Chief Architect sales and upgrade from the free to a paid cloud plan.

To share your plans with another 3D Viewer user, click the ‘Share’ button associated with the plan you would like to share. You will need to provide the Sharing code that appears in the console. Or, you can click the ‘Send’ button to generate an email that includes the Sharing code as well as instructions for obtaining 3D Viewer and creating a Chief Architect account.

Share your models with your clients using the 3D Viewer!