Additional formatting options for posts?

Alaskan_Son

This is something I've meant to ask about for quite some time but I keep forgetting...

Are there some secret hidden formatting controls in the forum that I am unaware of?  At one time we used to be able to easily create paragraph indents and I see some of you guys using them to better organize your posts from time to time.  I can only get that level of control by cutting and pasting from my word processor.  If I do that, the paragraph indents carry over and function just fine.  I just can't create them directly in the forum. 

I want to be able to create indents like below:

1.  We can create numbered lists

2.  We can create bulleted lists

• But we can't create indents without using one of those options
  • And we can't create varied indents

Outside of Chief:

A.  I can use any combination of indents that I want

B.  Which is great

-I just want to be able to do the same thing in Chief

-Why can't I?

a.    What are

b.    the rest of

c.    you guys

d.    doing?

Please Note:  The indents carry over into the forum just fine but they can't be removed which is another problem, and the word wrap can start to act a little funny as you can see on this particular line

In addition, the pasted formatting does funny things with...

• bulleted lists
  • as you can see here
  1. and with numbered lists
  2. as well (notice the buried bullets and numbers in these last 4 lines

What's the deal?

16 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

To get the indent, insert a base cabinet and change it's materials to 'insulation air gap'

Way ahead of you buddy.  Already tried that.  Works fine until I try to include underlined text or an underscore.  I need a more dependable solution.

• Like 1

As an aside,  I just noticed after posting my first post that although any additional lines I added seemed to obey the paragraph indents while I typed it up, they didn't carry through once I posted.  Only the indented lines from the original copied text retain their behavior properly.  Any added lines lose the behavior once posted.

25 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

To get the indent, insert a base cabinet and change it's materials to 'insulation air gap'

7 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Way ahead of you buddy.  Already tried that.  Works fine until I try to include underlined text or an underscore.  I need a more dependable solution.

You are talking about text formatting in the forum, correct? Base cabinet??

1. I
  2. am
  3. lost

2 hours ago, robdyck said:

I still don't know what's going on here...

Ya.  Me neither.  I was only messing around and piling some silly responses on top of @DzinEye’s lovely, but totally unintelligible answer.  I was hoping it might elicit a few smiles.  I don’t know...silliness often makes ME smile :)

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

I still don't know what's going on here...but it's time to eat!

L8R y'all!

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Ya.  Me neither.  I was only messing around and piling some silly responses on top of @DzinEye’s lovely, but totally unintelligible answer.  I was hoping it might elicit a few smiles.  I don’t know...silliness often makes ME smile :)

LOL... geez guys... you're too easy.
Especially you Robert...of all the people on this forum I thought you'd get a kick out of my goofy answer.
I was surprised when Michael played along, but I see you're not totally sure if I was or not.
I thought it was a perfect Chief forum work-around answer, I couldn't resist.

Maybe the fact that you first played along Michael, is what threw Robert for a loop.  Double whammy

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

As an aside,  I just noticed after posting my first post that although any additional lines I added seemed to obey the paragraph indents while I typed it up, they didn't carry through once I posted.  Only the indented lines from the original copied text retain their behavior properly.  Any added lines lose the behavior once posted.

In all seriousness though, pretty sure you can use HTML to do what you want, per the  <> button above.
A bit too much work in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

In all seriousness though, pretty sure you can use HTML to do what you want, per the  <> button above.
A bit too much work in my opinion.

Ya, I've tried that too.  Can't seem to make that work either.  Oh well, I guess its copy/paste when I need additional control.  I wish they would bring back some of the old capabilities though.