Sign in to follow this  
nancyscial

Help with a line randomly occuring

I cant seem to figure out what this "line" is that is attaching from the wall end through the cabinet. That 'square' section of walls is full length and then it switches to half wall for a peninsula. Sometimes it lets me work with it just fine and then whenever I try to make that base cabinet bigger than 45" wide and line it up against the corner, that faint angled line from the wall end to the cabinet corner (under BCB42R) appears.

380069277_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.82e6acd4b0e3e032446b9bda15990b61.png

2 hours ago, nancyscial said:

I cant seem to figure out what this "line" is that is attaching from the wall end through the cabinet. That 'square' section of walls is full length and then it switches to half wall for a peninsula. Sometimes it lets me work with it just fine and then whenever I try to make that base cabinet bigger than 45" wide and line it up against the corner, that faint angled line from the wall end to the cabinet corner (under BCB42R) appears.

380069277_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.82e6acd4b0e3e032446b9bda15990b61.png

This is the type of item it would be best to include your plan file with the post. 

BTW Welcome to the forum.  It is very helpful to the excellent chief pros if you have your signature line filled out with your software as well as some hardware specs.  See mine below as well as this link to fill it out. 

I see from the pic you are using x10, many times the version change makes the difference with what the solution is.

Post your plan if you want it solved

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jerryajohnson35
    Newest Member
    jerryajohnson35

• By Keifuz
      This is something that's started after upgrading to X10.  Working with roof lines, line breaks are appearing on their own making it very difficult to join plane using #2 button.  And before, line breaks would automatically disappear when you straightened a line, now they don't.  I can't find a setting that determines this behavior.

Thanks
    • By CRHDesign
      Every time I place dimensions, smaller dimensions will cover the line of the dimension with its white box. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Either moving the white box, disabling it, or moving the dimension slightly up?

See the 3 1/2" and 5 1/2" dimensions in the attached picture.

• By SNestor
      Wondering why I get this line showing in vector view where the brick on the gable wall meets the wall below?  The two walls are aligned...I checked this.  Is this typical...or is there something I can do about it?  Let me know if I need to post the plan to get a good answer to this question...

Also...regarding Vector Views.  When I'm in a camera view with the Vector View setting...and I turn a layer on or off...the screen re-draw is kind of like a movie...it fades in or out depending on what I've done.  Is this normal behavior?  

Also...is it correct that the vector view would be slower than standard view when scrolling on screen?

Thanks!

• By Lynsey_FP
      Needing help... 

I am trying to create the trim pieces in the image below in Chief Architect Premier X7  on a curved wall similar to the one in the image. I am having difficulty getting 3D polylines to work correctly. Any advice or quick tips?

• By RicochetX
      So I’m having an issue with the arrow attachment to objects. When I copy the arrow to different places on my detail, and then delete the original object the first arrow was attached to, it deletes all the copied arrows too. I just deleted a CAD block and lost 5 arrows of my detail. Is there an option to turn off the attachment of arrows to objects? The only thing I saw in the help says, “Lines with arrows can be attached to other objects. They attach to a closed polyline-based object along its edges, but can attach to an architectural object anywhere within its 2D symbol in floor plan view. If an arrow is attached to another object, deleting that object will also delete the arrow.” It seems that even though I’m copying the arrow to a new location it still stays attached to the original object, unless I move the arrow head to attach to a new object and even then it doesn’t always seem to work. I would just as soon not have arrows attach to anything.