Flat bottom chord for truss

Jambruins

I want my truss to have a 6' overhang to provide a roof for the front door and small porch.  I know how to change the overhang to 6' but how do I get the bottom chord of the truss to extend horizontally out 6' instead of sloping down with a 5:12 pitch? I want the headroom on the porch to be as the same height as the wall.  

2 hours ago, Jambruins said:

That helped some but you can see in the attached picture that the end of the truss still slopes down.  I need it where the bottom chord of the truss extends out horizontally.

truss.jpg

What you are are seeing is the bottom chord of the truss being the flat and the tail of the truss being the sloped part.  You can try doing: Boxed Eave - Flush Eave to get the look I think you are asking for:

image.thumb.png.5f3f5c0b8dd857d7f1fd74eb91f07302.png

image.thumb.png.8444773800d8ef96631f55031a9c48b0.png

3 hours ago, Jambruins said:

That helped some but you can see in the attached picture that the end of the truss still slopes down.  I need it where the bottom chord of the truss extends out horizontally.

truss.jpg

If you want the bottom cord to run out to the fascia then you will need to raise the roof plane up until the fascia bottom height matches the top plate height of the room.