Designer100

Windows and door , wall issues x12

Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?

1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!

2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!

3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.

x12 

Newell Cheatham 

Why do you have a 120" high stem wall in the new section?

I would fix that before doing anything else.

there is 120" to ceiling joists and the ceiling drops 12" (to 9' ) for suspended ceiling. I have tried all I can to get the windows and doors to lay against the wall and to get the existing wall between existing and new addition to show up. 

8 hours ago, Designer100 said:

there is 120" to ceiling joists and the ceiling drops 12" (to 9' ) for suspended ceiling.

Using a 120" hight stem wall will not do what you want.

I think you will find that once you change the stem wall height back to zero, all your problems will be solved.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmebsc
    Newest Member
    mmebsc

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .

• By TCDLLC
      Hi, I am a Revit user converting to Chief. 
      When working with angled walls in Chief, I have not been able to lock a wall from moving when changing dimensions on connecting walls. 
      I am familiar with how to use the directional tools to move an end of an object to adjust its dimensions.
      When angled walls are off-angle, I can waste significant time adjusting the lengths of the angled walls and still not achieve the dimensions I need for all connecting walls.

The use case scenario is when I am drafting a plan using dimensions provided to me to create the build.  
      Of course, if I was creating a plan from scratch, I could probably avoid this situation.  

Any suggestions?
    • By MichaelaS
      The wall shown is on the same plane with a false gable roof above only a portion. The wall from the interior will reflect the same ceiling height as the rest of the home, but from the front elevation I would like the wall to be taller to move my gable up. How can this be done in CA as the wall heights are dictated by the room's ceiling height?

• By StructEng58
      Hello All, 

I am working on a project, which its an addition to a service garage with an apartment above. The problem that I am having is that I need a new wall against an existing in order not to see a hole in the area of the existing wall. As you can see in the image of the second floor plan below where I circled it is where I need to add another wall. 

As you can see from my front elevation. I have a hole in the area where there is no wall. 

I have attached a back-up of plan to this email for reference also. I am open to other suggestions on how to fix this issue. 

Thank you in advance for the help. 

Chris 
      RB Garage.zip
    • By cjanderson66
      I have a client that is requesting a (4) panel sliding Nana wall that will slide into a wall.  Has anyone created one?  This would be with a 4" exterior wall with a (4) panel slide by into a 10" wall with another 4" interior wall.  Trying to figure out the best way to create one.