Designer100

Windows and door , wall issues x12

Does anyone know ho fix issues I have on this commercial remodeling addition?

1) Windows and bar cabinets are not against the wall!

2) wall is not showing on full camera looking back toward where it attaches to the existing building. Wall existing is brick on inside, unless I decide to cover it with gypsum bd!

3) I have a 10 ft. plate with 9 ft dropped ceiling 2 ft x 4 ft acoustic tile in new addition.

x12 

Newell Cheatham 

Why do you have a 120" high stem wall in the new section?

I would fix that before doing anything else.

there is 120" to ceiling joists and the ceiling drops 12" (to 9' ) for suspended ceiling. I have tried all I can to get the windows and doors to lay against the wall and to get the existing wall between existing and new addition to show up. 

8 hours ago, Designer100 said:

there is 120" to ceiling joists and the ceiling drops 12" (to 9' ) for suspended ceiling.

Using a 120" hight stem wall will not do what you want.

I think you will find that once you change the stem wall height back to zero, all your problems will be solved.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jerryajohnson35
    Newest Member
    jerryajohnson35

• By eubanks
      Is there a time effective way to do drywall returns? The attached image is the look I am going for, which I had to do with polyline solids. I have tried all the solutions in this forum. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?_fromLogin=CA2&_processLogin=11&csrfKey=e715967502c760b691e12966cba733f8&ref=&code=CSFNSc4fApHaoLJkMIIN_zkZ

1. I am not interested in workarounds (polyline solids, molding profiles, window treatments)
      2. Simply turning off the frame has the fir framing exposed. See second image. I do not want to create new wall types that are solid drywall.
      3. I would be happy if you could paint the frame the drywall color, but it seems Chief does not have the capability to separate the frame from the sash.

I would think that this is a very common detail, and it would be a huge oversight for all the various industries using this program to not have drywall returns. Thank you all for your time.

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By Hunter51
      Is there a way to do a cedar lintel above your windows? I am not having any luck. I am going to attach a picture of a house to show what I am trying to achieve. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I am still fairly new to Chief and I am trying to learn as much as I can. 

• By woodcraftdesign
      is it possible to create windows with drywall returns and a wood sill.  When I create a window I choose these options.
      1. no interior casing
      2. use interior sill , cap #1, inset 3" extend 0, no apron, no wrap
      3. uncheck, "has frame"

the sill disappears into the drywall return at the base of the window.  

pictures below,
      untitled 1 is an image from my chief of a window I was working on,
      picture of window with sill is a quick google images search of drywall return with wood sill.  My customer wants something like that without the dog-ears and the extension.  

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .