Stairwell room issue

mountaineer

Hey guys.  I'm using Chief Architect version 9.  I just got and error message that says "Could not connect new stairwell railings to some of the existing walls or railings, so could not make the open stairwell room."

I've never seen this error before and there isn't anything in the knowledge base?  Wasn't sure if anyone has seen this.  At this point I have a blank 2nd floor and my cross section looks fine as far as stair height.

21 minutes ago, mountaineer said:

Hey guys.  I'm using Chief Architect version 9.  I just got and error message that says "Could not connect new stairwell railings to some of the existing walls or railings, so could not make the open stairwell room."

I've never seen this error before and there isn't anything in the knowledge base?  Wasn't sure if anyone has seen this.  At this point I have a blank 2nd floor and my cross section looks fine as far as stair height.

Thanks everyone for the positive input and help!  I greatly appreciate it.  I deleted my 1st floor walls around my stairs and it fixed the problem.  Then I was able to just draw them back in.

To the Signature comment.....I explained in my post I was using version 9.  I don't use forum often and apparently forgot to update my version in my signature.  Thank you for pointing that out but the others were able to suggest input without a problem.  Not sure why you felt the need to comment.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea who the user is that goes by the name "Signatures" but the request isn't without merit. 

When we get questions it's often not possible to answer without knowing what version of the software is being used.  Sometimes it's a Home Designer product and sometimes it's a Chief Architect product.  In addition, the capabilities of newer versions are different than prior versions and it really helps to know what the version is in order to give the best answers.

In addition, if a plan is posted it's much easier for us to see exactly what the problem might be rather than just guessing.  It helps you get the right answer quicker and saves us making guesses that might not help at all.

4 minutes ago, solver said:

I noticed that, but I see now that you are using X9, not version 9 -- they are different.

Thank you Eric!  I honestly had no idea there was a difference between x9 and version 9.  I do appreciate your help very much.  I updated my signature.

5 minutes ago, solver said:

I noticed that, but I see now that you are using X9, not version 9 -- they are different.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I have no idea who the user is that goes by the name "Signatures" but the request isn't without merit. 

When we get questions it's often not possible to answer without knowing what version of the software is being used.  Sometimes it's a Home Designer product and sometimes it's a Chief Architect product.  In addition, the capabilities of newer versions are different than prior versions and it really helps to know what the version is in order to give the best answers.

In addition, if a plan is posted it's much easier for us to see exactly what the problem might be rather than just guessing.  It helps you get the right answer quicker and saves us making guesses that might not help at all.

Thank you Yoda.  I updated my signature.  I posted that I was using Chief Architect 9, I should have been more specific.  I usually upload my plan but my 2nd floor was blank so I was more interested if anyone was familiar with that error code since there was nothing in Knowledge base.  Thanks for your input.  I truly respect and appreciate all of the users that are willing to help, especially being a rookie user.  I just felt that "Signatures" comment brought nothing positive to the conversation and I guess I just felt it was unnecessary.  Hopefully someday as I get better at this I'll be able to offer help to new users as well.  Thanks again for your input, it is truly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said: