wjmdes

Any Issues with Disabling File Locking?

I am assuming that File Locking is what does not allow my son and I to work on two different layouts at the same time productively, as our layouts reference different files for standard details.  Kind of defeats the purpose of having 2 licenses.

1242142264_reffiles.thumb.JPG.5d60f5fe19c8b49dc7392a97cf7366b2.JPG

If we Disable the file locking of our standard referenced files, are we going to have disastrous results?

That dialog usually shows up if the file does not exist or has changed location. I don't use file locking but if there are two of you it is probably a good idea to use it.

1 minute ago, Kiwideziner said:

That dialog usually shows up if the file does not exist or has changed location.

That dialogue always comes up when my son has a layout open on his computer.  Any plan file that is attached to his current layout comes up as missing, but I am sure Chief is just not letting me open those.

26 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

That dialogue always comes up when my son has a layout open on his computer.  Any plan file that is attached to his current layout comes up as missing, but I am sure Chief is just not letting me open those.

I think it is so one User does not trying changing the file and perhaps corrupting it while open on another system , so I'd be careful for sure ( and have good daily backups)