I know this has been talked about before but I can not find it and I can't figure out how to do it again.
I have a house drawing and I have the terrain drawn and I would like to orient the house differently on the terrain. I want to keep my house drawing square with my plan so it would need to be the terrain itself that has to rotate. I can rotate the terrain perimeter but that doesn't rotate the elevation lines etc. When I select the perimeter and all the elevation lines, i am not able to rotate the whole thing.

Chopsaw posted this June 2nd, 2019 for the same questions;

Go to your plot plan layerset and turn off or lock anything that needs to stay in position and then use CTRL A and transform replicate to rotate everything at once including the north arrow.

When I select everything to rotate, rotating is not an option. there is no rotation handle and in the transform replicate the rotate is not an option.
I can select one element and rotate but if I select all, it is not an option.

Here is the plan with just the terrain and perimeter and a plot sat image.

just terain.plan

Your problem is this added light. Select all, then deselect the light. You'll be good to go. Or turn off the added light layer!

image.thumb.png.25bde89d1e5aa9ec2a33a24309b0a6e6.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

Your problem is this added light. Select all, then deselect the light. You'll be good to go. Or turn off the added light layer!

Good job!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Very good, thank you. It's always something simple but this one was kicking my butt. I don't know why I had that light source there in the first place.

23 minutes ago, robdyck said:

My only question is; Why wont it rotate with the light attached? Never have understood that. Could you tell me?

2 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

My only question is; Why wont it rotate with the light attached? Never have understood that. Could you tell me?

Nope. An added light that is a Point Light won't rotate even on its own, but an added light that is a spotlight will rotate on its own and with a group of objects.

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Nope. An added light that is a Point Light won't rotate even on its own, but an added light that is a spotlight will rotate on its own and with a group of objects.

One of those unsolved mysteries!