Precision editing

Hammer7

Hello,  I'm trying to learn how the program works to make things more precise in my drawings.  I am struggling with an exterior wall that I select and make 26' long, I go back after awhile and select on the wall to pull up the dialogue box and it tells me it's now 310 5/8"  why does this happen?  What is overriding my direct input?

I don't usually have that problem unless I move or add a wall. When you're drawing the wall, with left mouse key down press tab, which will open the dimension for the wall, input the 26' there. Then select ok.  Before drawing any further select the wall again if you have temp dimensions turned on you should see the dimension and it shouldn't have changed. Not sure what else could cause it. You could post your plan and we could see if it happens when we open the wall dbx?

5 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

Hello,  I'm trying to learn how the program works to make things more precise in my drawings.  I am struggling with an exterior wall that I select and make 26' long, I go back after awhile and select on the wall to pull up the dialogue box and it tells me it's now 310 5/8"  why does this happen?  What is overriding my direct input?

4 hours ago, Evolution said:

I don't usually have that problem unless I move or add a wall. When you're drawing the wall, with left mouse key down press tab, which will open the dimension for the wall, input the 26' there. Then select ok.  Before drawing any further select the wall again if you have temp dimensions turned on you should see the dimension and it shouldn't have changed. Not sure what else could cause it. You could post your plan and we could see if it happens when we open the wall dbx?

Also could be your wall layer settings.  If your main layer got changed it may be turning at that point when the adjoining wall changes direction.  Bob is right if you upload a .plan file you will be able to get more assistance figuring it out.