ADDING A REV-A-SHELF PULLOUT HAMPER

TomBiggs

Can someone share how to add a pull out hamper.  I thought I knew how earlier, but now when I try to include the hamper object by Rev-a-shelf, HPRV-1925S, it is inserted rotated, like it is to be installed on back of door.   I want it to be as a pull out shelf.  Here's the cabinet I'm trying to insert it into.

Capture.PNG

That was really informative.  Thanks.   I'm trying to do a pull out hamper but with a door, and not as a full  drawer.  I think the rev-a-shelf object hamper wants a drawer front versus a door front that I'm trying to make. Any thoughts on how to do that.   Maybe you do a cabinet and the drag into it, the hamper object, like the video showed with the Lazy Susan placement into corner cabinet.   

13 hours ago, TomBiggs said:

I don't see a way to do it from within the cabinet dialog.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

All the attached were done in the DBX

image.thumb.png.df01d5ce8f71c0ead976e0190a0c2c52.png

image.thumb.png.afd6e22e86b83fd07f8d363a11be35d7.png

Not sure what the issue is unless it's semantic? IF it has drawer glides as the software thinks it's a drawer, if it has hinges a door. There is no "Pull out door"

The only other option is a roll out shelf which goes behind a hinged door.

You can put a door front on a drawer in the DBX if that is the issue?

.Plan attached. NOTE-could not see where the 1925 model fits in your cabinet (and would have trouble with door size on that cabinet) so included a 1520 on the  right

BTW for future reference Tips & Tech is for "this is how you do this" posts, Q & A is where you ask "how do I do this"

hampers.zip

• Upvote 1

Many thanks, Mark.   I took a look at the file .plan file you took the time to make.  Really appreciate it.   I now see where in the DBX you need to input that you want a hamper behind a cabinet door.   It is the magical library button below the Manual Shelf Selection.    I agree the 1925 wont fit, but will be sizing the cabinet for the 15" wide hampers.   I also noted that in your cabinet with the 19" hamper unit, the inserted unit was stretched to fit, which means that for this workflow you need to double-check the placement of cabinet box verticals. Easy enough however.   Perhaps dragging and dropping the hamper from library would be a way to double check cabinet size as the hamper wouldn't be resized to fit.

Thanks again for the reply.  I consider this case closed!

image.png

59 minutes ago, TomBiggs said:

the inserted unit was stretched to fit,

Mark would know better than me but that would seem to me to be a problem with the Rev-A-Shelf Symbols , they should not be auto stretching to the Cabinet ( as most insert-able items do ) and resizing indiscriminately as that is going to catch out many to my thinking, so should likely be reported to T.S./ or the Content Team , because as noted you can only buy certain sizes and MUST make the cabinet to fit the Insert, not the other way around.

@Chief_Content

4 hours ago, TomBiggs said:

Perhaps dragging and dropping the hamper from library would be a way to double check cabinet size as the hamper wouldn't be resized to fit.

My take is ALWAYS check the mfg specs (by always I mean even if I used one last week and checked it then) then just be sure cabinet is sized properly.

For anything I use often I place the symbol in plan, adjust to correct size, convert to symbol, adjust stretch planes to prevent resizing.

This does not always prevent you from placing it in an opening that is too small (dunno why not) but you will get a visual that it is larger than the space. It will however not resize up to fit.

Sample attached-open symbol and check the last tab-stretch zones. I resized this to mfg specs for use in a frameless cabinet.

Pretty sure I reported this back when the RAS catalog came out but doesn't matter that much to me. I don't need to be protected from myself so it's not one of my pet peeves. I figure it's my job to spec things and make sure they are right and specs can change (always says that in mfg disclaimers)

HPRV-1520 S-fix.calibz