kwhitt

Auto-Hatch Entire Cross Section

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to auto-hatch the entire clipped cross section when sending to layout?  Or do I have to manually draw the outline and create my own hatch to fill in this area?  I know I can use auto detail for insulation, etc., but I want the entire clipped area to be filled with a hatch of my choosing?  Possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Is there a way to auto-hatch the entire clipped cross section when sending to layout?  Or do I have to manually draw the outline and create my own hatch to fill in this area?  I know I can use auto detail for insulation, etc., but I want the entire clipped area to be filled with a hatch of my choosing?  Possible?

Possible and even relatively quick, but not automatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rob -  thanks for the reply.  By what method do you mean relatively quick?  Shaping a rectangular polyline?  If so, I guess that would depend on the complexity of the cross section.  If I'm missing something, please speak up.  Thanks again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kwhitt said:

Rob -  thanks for the reply.  By what method do you mean relatively quick?  Shaping a rectangular polyline?  If so, I guess that would depend on the complexity of the cross section.  If I'm missing something, please speak up.  Thanks again...

If you have a fill type for most layers, after auto-detailing a section you can group select all those standard polylines and combine into one polyline, then fill as desired. You'll still need to make some shape adjustments.

I just did a quick one, took me about 30 seconds.

image.thumb.png.7747a9cca1617a391ab7fb9a1c2f209b.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never thought to combine the existing segments.  You're right - it didn't take very long to pull out a shape and fill it, but it sure would be a nice feature.  Thanks for the tips!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, robdyck said:

If you have a fill type for most layers, after auto-detailing a section you can group select all those standard polylines and combine into one polyline, then fill as desired. You'll still need to make some shape adjustments.

I just did a quick one, took me about 30 seconds.

image.thumb.png.7747a9cca1617a391ab7fb9a1c2f209b.png

That is a great tip Rob....thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27612
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    kBdesignND
    Newest Member
    kBdesignND
    Joined