RJBPILOT

attached garage structure dbx

I have an attached garage on a plan but the structure dbx is not opening "FLOOR TO SWT".  It does not even show it dbx, like an interior room.  I have another detached garage in the plan.  Could that be the reason? I renamed the detached garaged something else but the attached garage structure tab dbx remained like an interior room.......  I even deleted the detached garage and no change with the attached garage structure tab....  any ideas..?  Using X11.

Carroll_Plan.plan

If you rebuild the foundation it seems to work, or if you use the Object Eyedropper to transfer the room settings from the detached garage to the other garage, the settings change, to match and the fields look correct, although the values no longer match.

I did the same room properties from the other garage too. But it didn’t change the foundation to the structure tab to the same as the garage with the FLOOR TO SWT setting that I need to adjust the foundation in the attached garage. That structure tab is like an interior room.  I even deleted it and rebuilt but no luck. Very strange

1 hour ago, RJBPILOT said:

I have an attached garage on a plan but the structure dbx is not opening "FLOOR TO SWT"

You will not get that setting unless you check Floor Supplied By The Foundation Room Below.

Try "Floor Supplied by the Foundation Room Below" for the attached garage.

I wonder why when I made the room garage the defaults didn’t apply to it and reform the foundation ?

Because you don't have Auto Rebuild Foundation toggled on in the Foundation defaults.

• Upvote 1