DH7777

Sconce light issue

Recommended Posts

I keep running into this issue. Lights with more than one bulb and only one turn on. I have noticed the same thing with under-mount cabinet lights in my kitchens doing the same thing. In those cases, if I adjust one the other side of the under-mount kitchen lights turns off leaving me with half the lighting I need to be on. I gave up on under-mount cabinet lighting awhile back (too frustrating).

This picture is an example of what I'm dealing with now. This happens 95% of the time in my bathroom sconces. No matter which way I move this camera that one bulb is the only one on. This I a Physically based view. It shows the same in a walk through

Untitled 4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suggest you open up the light fixture DBX and under light data check to see whether there is more than one light source assigned to the fixture. Light bulbs are not light sources and there are fixtures in the library that only have one light source assigned even though the fixture has multiple light bulbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Suggest you open up the light fixture DBX and under light data check to see whether there is more than one light source assigned to the fixture. Light bulbs are not light sources and there are fixtures in the library that only have one light source assigned even though the fixture has multiple light bulbs.

Okay, I just checked. The only thing I see is a drop-down menu under Light Data/Light Sources that have Light 1(all views) Light 2(all views) and Light 3 (all views) I check light 3(all vies) and it changed nothing so I'm not sure what lingo I looking for under Light Sources...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Okay, I just checked. The only thing I see is a drop-down menu under Light Data/Light Sources that have Light 1(all views) Light 2(all views) and Light 3 (all views) I check light 3(all vies) and it changed nothing so I'm not sure what lingo I looking for under Light Sources...

 

Ok sounds like there are more than 1 light source. Open up the camera DBX and check to see how many active lights are permitted. This number should be greater than the total number of light sources in the plan. Set it at 100 and see if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

Ok sounds like there are more than 1 light source. Open up the camera DBX and check to see how many active lights are permitted. This number should be greater than the total number of light sources in the plan. Set it at 100 and see if that helps.

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well? I noticed lights are off in other rooms in the background that I know are on and when the camera approaches those rooms they sometimes come on. I'd like them to stay on. I have had a tremendous time with lighting issue in Physically-based walk-throughs. Seems I can get it just right in a camera view but when I start recording none of the settings I set seem to hold. Physically-based walk-throughs must have a dbx somewhere thats different.

 

 
 
 
 
2 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DH7777 said:

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well? I noticed lights are off in other rooms in the background that I know are on and when the camera approaches those rooms they sometimes come on. I'd like them to stay on. I have had a tremendous time with lighting issue in Physically-based walk-throughs. Seems I can get it just right in a camera view but when I start recording none of the settings I set seem to hold. Physically-based walk-throughs must have a dbx somewhere thats different.

 

 

Sorry, can't help when it comes to walkthroughs as I never do them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

 

Sorry, can't help when it comes to walkthroughs as I never do them.

no worries. I can't stand working with them but my boss is totally into me mastering them it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DH7777 said:

no worries. I can't stand working with them but my boss is totally into me mastering them it seems. 

 

Understand, fortunately I'm the boss so I get to decide. The downside is I don't have anyone to blame other than myself when something goes wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DH7777 said:

Ok, it worked. Question: Is there a way to adjust lighting during a walk-through like this as well?

I mentioned this to you in your other post found here: 

 

defaults/camera tools/full camera defaults/camera/lighting/automatic/maximum lights/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28009
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    MattBlanc
    Newest Member
    MattBlanc
    Joined