CTB_Russ

Rooms inside Roof Structure

I am trying to add a bonus room to a single story house...a 1.5 story house and I keep running into problems... I only want a 2nd floor above the garage, but there vaulted ceilings in other rooms. The current challenge is adding transom windows in the vaulted rooms...The model has the upper floor stucture cutting through the transom or not allowing placement of the window beacause the floor of the upper floor is there...these are areas that should not have a floor above.

It's helpful to have images and many times a simple plan file that demonstrates the problem. So many ways of doing things in Chief.

Also good to know what software you are using. It helps others to have this info in your signature so it's always available.

See this topic for a signature how to.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk

2 minutes ago, CTB_Russ said:

I only want a 2nd floor above the garage,

Then draw your 2nd floor so it's just above the garage.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:13 PM, CTB_Russ said:

I am trying to add a bonus room to a single story house...a 1.5 story house and I keep running into problems... I only want a 2nd floor above the garage, but there vaulted ceilings in other rooms. The current challenge is adding transom windows in the vaulted rooms...The model has the upper floor stucture cutting through the transom or not allowing placement of the window beacause the floor of the upper floor is there...these are areas that should not have a floor above.

If you want an answer...post the plan...or at least a sample plan.  You will get an answer promptly...