New Laptop

GalleryOfHomes

I am getting ready to purchase Chief Architect Premier so that I can start drawing residential house plans. I have downloaded the free trial version and tried it out on my current laptop. However, after reviewing the PC Requirements released by Chief I am going to need to upgrade my current laptop. I was curious if any of you guys are using laptops to work with Chief? If so could you please tell me what your recommendations are? I am currently looking at the Dell Latitude, HP Elitebook, and the Lenovo ThinkPad. Thanks in advance for the time and help.

I attended a CA training seminar where the guy next to me had a MASSIVE Predator (I think it was over 17").  I had a moment of envy just at the shear size and actual desktop replacement capability.

Honestly, the smart guys here have posted quite a bit of good info on CA being more processor focused.  I don't remember the details but the threads are out there.  Get a laptop that can drive a couple of 4K monitors.  And an NVMe SSD. That's about all I can suggest from my experience.

FWIW, I used laptops for several years. It became too slow so I switched to a gaming PC and I'll never go back to a laptop. I used HP with Nvidia GPU's. If you must have a laptop, only buy a gaming laptop! If you're using it for fulltime work, there's no such thing as too powerful.

• Upvote 1