blueriver

Gap between porch ceiling and structure

I have a persistent problem with gaps in my porch ceilings in between the finished surface and the underside of the roof structure.  I know it has to be a setting i have wrong but i cannot figure it out! Current project is a barndominium with a gable porch. 

Thanks in advance

front zw.jpg

If you just want the ceiling surface to look flat open the Room DBX ( Dialogue Box )  and go to the Structure tab > Ceiling and Select "Use Soffit Surface For Ceiling"   If you want to allow enough space for proper structural rafters make your sub fascia depth the same as the "Vertical Structure Depth" of the roof by checking the Roof Plane Specification DBX under the General tab > Measurements.

If that does not work let us know what software version you are using and post your plan file and one of the pros will take a look.

Welcome to the Forum.

It looks like you have your Sub-fascia size set smaller than your Rafters and you also have the "Trim Framing to Soffits" check box set to on in the Build Roof >Structure Tab. ie Soffits always use the Sub Fascia height or VSD as Chopsaw pointed out.

M

I experimented with Shadow Boards to cover the gap.

ct1.thumb.png.da9e4b4a52cd7a746bbb7d76febfb9bb.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cwbhunter
    Newest Member
    cwbhunter

• By SNestor
      OK...I've been messing around with the "Tray Ceiling" tool in X12.  Cannot for the life of me figure out how to create a "nested" tray ceiling.  In the help file it shows to unique icons...one for a "tray"...and one for a "nested tray".  I cannot find where this "nested" tray menu or icon exists.  

Is the nested ceiling shown below in Example B possible with the Nested Tray Ceiling tool?  Thanks!

• By srjbb97
      How do I get the siding to show up on in the gable? See attached pictures.. Also, what is the best way to align the eyebrows along the front?

Thanks in advanced..

Chief Architect X9

• By David-R
      I am trying to draw suspended ceilings for my office area and having a problem with the suspended ceiling not starting a new grid alignment between some offices in 3D view.  I want each office to have it own ceiling grid layout so I don't end up with small edges and misaligned ceiling tile and lights.  It works between some rooms but not others.  Here is what I do...I use "Draw Line" to layout my ceiling pattern, then I place my recessed lights where I want them, I go into "Room Specifications" -> "Materials" -> "Ceiling Finish" and select "Square Ceiling Tile."  After all that, I go to camera view...I then use "Adjust Material Definition" and select the ceiling.  On the "Pattern" tab and the "Texture" tabs I change the "Horizontal Offset" and "Vertical Offset" to match the lights.  In some cases this works fine and other times the Horizontal Offset and the Vertical Offset don't stop and the interior walls and they adjust the ceiling on the other side of the wall (in the next office.)  I can't figure out what I am doing differently that causes it to work properly some times and not others.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, David-R
    • By Designer100
      I cannot figure out how to ge small gable roof above Bedroom 4 on study side to fill out correctly, fascia not showing.. Also porte-co-chere on 1st floor roof to be flat with siding on left side on front part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

McafeeRemodelingNewplan.zip
    • By Designer100
      I do not even have client yet. But contractor roughly gave me info. I need the 2nd floor living area to be under roof of this metail bldg. with 16 ft eave ht. I was making 1st floor ceiling under living area at garage 2 area and then garage area 1 open to steel rafters. When I make a bldg. section it is not putting cabinets and room where it is surpose to be. I want it to be like attached elevation. when I make the garage area to ceiling 11' then it changes the whole right side of bldg. eave ht. 

I would apprciate any help.

Thanks,

Newell 

Starr.Cole Seabrook Metal Bldg.plan