flush boxed eaves

djhplanning

Does anyone know how I can get a flush boxed eave on one end of the roof and no boxed eave on the other end of roof using the same roof plane?  I suppose I could make 2 separate roof planes, but then on the 2d elevation views I would see a line where the 2 join.  Suppose I could just use a white with no border to cover this line up.  Also, there seams to be some type of bug in the program because sometimes I will set roof to flush boxed eaves and one end of roof will still have a boxed eave that extends to the fascia line instead of being flush like the other end of roof.   I've attached a plan file with this situation.  The area over the porch is the eave I want to match to the attached picture.  The boxed flush eave program bug is on the deck side towards the angled deck railing.

Richsmeier-Existing Conditions 6-10-19.plan

IMG_0890.jpg

On 6/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, djhplanning said:

Suppose I could just use a white with no border to cover this line up.

If you're only concerned with the line being on a layout and you send elevations as plot lines, you can delete the line in the layout view using the Edit Layout Lines tool:

1155119503_ScreenShot2019-06-11at4_16_19PM.thumb.png.03366514895a6c6156c827baaa3f6108.png

On 6/11/2019 at 6:04 AM, djhplanning said:

The boxed flush eave program bug is on the deck side towards the angled deck railing.

Chris,

Open the bow window dbx and on the Options panel check Use existing Roof.

Make sure you are in the floor plan view and go Build>Roof>Fix Roofs.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:09 PM, glennw said:

Chris,

Open the bow window dbx and on the Options panel check Use existing Roof.

Make sure you are in the floor plan view and go Build>Roof>Fix Roofs.

Thanks Glen, that seamed to clear up the boxed eave on the deck side

On 6/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, Chrisb222 said:

If you're only concerned with the line being on a layout and you send elevations as plot lines, you can delete the line in the layout view using the Edit Layout Lines tool:

1155119503_ScreenShot2019-06-11at4_16_19PM.thumb.png.03366514895a6c6156c827baaa3f6108.png

Thanks Chris, that would be an option.  I try to minimize doing this because all the lines that are edited in layout this way will come back whenever the elevations are updated after a change.