Vertical Drawer Pull (Right & Left Align)

habdou

Had a better idea. Make a drawerhead symbol with the handle on it. Then you only need a left and a right. Set the stretch planes to fall short of the handle so it doesn't resize in width and keeps alignment. 

Example of what I meant avoids placing hardware multiple times, moving it or blocking.

Place drawerhead in plan, then hardware, convert to cabinet door/drawer symbol, set stretch. In library -copy it, paste, rotate 180. Now have a left and right to work on any cabinet every time. Think I'd want a second set for larger drawers.

Did this before finishing coffee :)

drawer symbol.png

vert drawer.plan

Thank you Scott and Mark,

Mark, I knew of the options you mentioned but somehow I forgot about it, I didn't think about that at all!,

thank you for bringing them to my attention.

Regards

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    louisewman
    Newest Member
    louisewman

• By MarkMc
      I've had a run of mantles and worked with them a few ways-plan attached has two flaovors. One is parts, the other is a single cabinet-I kept the stages that I went through with it. Worth dissecting.

At the same time I've had a couple of flush inset appliance jobs so I dropped a Sub-Zero surround set for that in along with the face of a 48 side by side (note that overall width is 1/16" too big but panels should be correct though I haven't done a final check on that one:) Same principal can be sued for flush inset microwave drawers.

Then included a library of the parts used for the flush install so you can do other appliances or see how it's done. Note that you may need to alter the stretch zones if using them elsewhere ads they are set to prevent resizing. Also included a library of some assorted hardware-including sub zero handles.

In there is some Sun Valley Hardware, a McNicols grill-which should be used with caution as they are stupid expensive. The iron hardware in the library also requires restraint as IRL it is very inconsistent and the handles prone to turning in use.

Finally there is a radiator cover (had a mess of those too) and one odd linen cabinet (just showing off with that one) designed around challenging restrictions for the door clearance (why it looks the way it does)

• By MarkMc
      Current project had these- Sun Valley Bronze "Lift" edge pulls. Made drawers to match, symbols are on the floor of the plan. Needed a couple of versions to make them line up top and bottom. Don't really remember which ones I used on which variation of cabinet so included them all. Check cabinet DBX, then each drawer to see how to set pull locations.

• By MPDesign
      Hi all,
      I was wondering if any of you are using this mouse? Like it? 
      I am having problems with my hand. Currently using a 3dConnexion 3d cad mouse ( reg shape mouse) hoping this will reduce the workload on the right hand.

thank you for your feedback!
    • By nikiley
      Hi All!

I am wondering if there is a way to add hardware to a window like sash locks or casement cranks. I did not see any options in the window specification dialog, but I wonder if I could create something to apply in the treatment tab that would work. Has anyone here experimented with something like that? 

• By McGyver
      I am new to Chief Architect. I  purchased the Home Designer program because I do some residential space plan and design for friends and family. I was previously hand drawing main plans, using Room Sketcher for #D and walk thru program and  Lowes cabinet designer program for more detail cabinet plans. the  purchase of CA was to hopefully simplify to one program and save time although I know there will be some learning curve. I am searching for a new computer and wondering if there are suggestions. I would like to have a second monitor as well and had thought about a gaming laptop that meets all the requirements on CA website and then some. Having the  laptop gives me flexibility to take work with me when I am traveling. The Laptop I found is an MSI and has two hardrives. One TB of HDD and 512 SDD. Also 6 GB video card, 17.3 screen,  16 GB ram. Any thoughts?  I am new to drawing digitally other that what i  mentioned. Excited to delve into CA and want to be sure I have the right tools.
      Thanks!