Mac Version Hangs On Me

TimSchrock

Anyone else having the issue where the mac version is stopping when trying to move an item by clicking on it's dimension? I've had Chief stop (had to Force Quit or it crashes) probably 2 dozen times yesterday and already 1 dozen this morning. 

I know it's about to happen because when I move an item (usually a wall) by selecting the wall and clicking on a related dimension I get the message that Chief has experienced a serious SSH error. I click OK, and then I can go about what I was planning to do in the first place. Then a couple of moments later, I try the same thing again with another object, and then Chief just stops and I have to Force Quit.

This is happening on multiple files.

Running a new iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M vid card with 4GB vid RAM.

Anyone else having the issue where the mac version is stopping when trying to move an item by clicking on it's dimension? I've had Chief stop (had to Force Quit or it crashes) probably 2 dozen times yesterday and already 1 dozen this morning. 

I know it's about to happen because when I move an item (usually a wall) by selecting the wall and clicking on a related dimension I get the message that Chief has experienced a serious SSH error. I click OK, and then I can go about what I was planning to do in the first place. Then a couple of moments later, I try the same thing again with another object, and then Chief just stops and I have to Force Quit.

This is happening on multiple files.

Running a new iMac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M vid card with 4GB vid RAM.

No,  but if you post the plan,  I will check it on my mac.  Must first figure out if it is your mac or your file that is causing problem.

I opened plan and moved many walls using the temp dimension tool and had no SEH errors.....  I was on my mac.  

So based on what I found, the plan file is okay on my computer......  if I had to guess,  the problem is with your computer and not CA or the plan file.

Scott,

I'm not using temp dimensions to move items. Don't know if that makes a difference. And I can move many things, then all of the sudden, it throws an error.

Tim

I just tried it with related dimensions.  No problem.  Bottom line,  my files on the mac rarely rarely rarely crash.  I have not seen an SEH error since Reagan was president.  I would bet the  problem lies within your computer.......  I would take heed to what the SEH message says,  contact support.