Drywall Return At Change In Wall Thickness

rlackore

Larry,

Do I HAVE to show a return? No - I imagine the house will get built just fine without it. But, as long as we're trying to get things right, I think this situation should show correctly in plan. The drywall return shows up in ortho, but of course any room moldings don't build along the return. So in instances like this, CA has it only half right. We always talk about building the model correctly. Well, in this case, I can't - and this is a pretty common condition.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I get that Robert and appreciate the concern over getting things 'right'. I was just wondering if there was a need that I wasn't aware of. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm still waiting for the drywall in section view to show the ceiling drywall hung first then the wall drywall. Not going to happen but it bugs me and has for many years.

post-302-0-72708400-1411483708_thumb.png

You can do a room molding p-line to get the base and crown exactly where you want it. I know it would be nice to have it done automatically. Chief will do it correctly on a stub wall, that was a fix in X6, I believe. As you say it does show in 3d good though.