Windows, doors & more on wrong level after duplication to another level

hippolips

Hello,

I am designing a 3 story condo with the same layout on each level.  After getting the first level as desired, I used the following instructions to duplicate the first level to the second.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00012/duplicating-a-floor-plan-on-another-level.html

After doing so, I received 2 warnings regarding the default floor and ceiling elevations of the new room being different from the default elevation from the old room(s).  (see attached screenshots)

Everything appears to be correct from the plan view but not from any 3D views.  After further investigation, many elements (exterior doors, windows, millwork) are still showing up on the first level elevation, not the second.  (see attached screenshot)

Also, if I manually move exterior doors and windows to the second level, only the rough openings seem to show in the 'Perspective Full Overview' while they do show in the 'Perspective Floor Overview'. (see attached screenshot)

Plan file is attached as well.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

error_notice_2.png

error_notice_1.png

problem.png

problem_with_elevation.png

perspective_full_overview.png

perspective_floor_overview.png

2117 Grand Ave .02f.plan

Thanks for the reply Eric.

I'm still getting used to things.

How did you identify that was the issue?

How do you go about setting the structure back to 0,0?  I did some searching and am not finding how to do that.

Thank for your help.

Thank you.  I was able to make that adjustment.  That seemed to fix the exterior windows/doors but the interior doors, trim/millwork is still showing beneath the second level.

Also, oddly the orthographic overview cameras are no longer working now.

I've tried many different combinations of processes and steps and continue to run into issues.

Do you have any thoughts?

1 minute ago, hippolips said:

Also, oddly the orthographic overview cameras are no longer working now.

Likely something was left behind when you made the move that would cause this.

Somehow I remember paste in place would never maintain the floor level or elevation and you could freely past items on another level. Now it seems the z coordinate is also carried over and this does not work as intended. Especially if you’ve ever tried copying a staircase from one level and pasting it to another. Doesn’t work. Even if automatic heights are not checked. 

There seems to be a problem. 

(Could also be I’m the problem)

If your object has it's Elevation Reference set to Absolute (say zero) and you do a copy to a higher floor, the object will appear on the upper floor in plan view, but in a section or 3D view, it will appear on the lower floor.

To avoid this happening, use one of the other Elevation References like From Floor or From Finished Floor.