Pony Wall Visibility

Riemie

Is there a way to show the lower half of a pony wall on one layer set and the upper half on another layer set?

What's driving this is providing the right information for two different contractors (framing and foundation).  At framed walkout walls, we pour a short (8") concrete stub wall for separation from ground contact. If we draw the walkout wall as a simple framed wall, the windows make it appear as though the wall stops and starts.  On our foundation set, it means there's very little differentiation between doors (that would need a buckout in the stub wall) and windows (that wouldn't need a buckout).  

My thought was to draw framed walkout walls as a pony wall and show the lower half of the wall for our foundation plan.  This would show interruptions only where doors actually require a buckout. For the basement plan, I would show the upper half of the wall, which would locate the windows for our framers. (Pictures attached below) I can't find a mechanism to do this.  Is there a way to do this?  Conversely, is there an easier way to handle this that I'm overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

FOUNDATION PLAN EXAMPLE.jpg

FRAMING PLAN EXAMPLE.jpg

This is a good question. There’s not a way to do this based on layers.  Here’s one way you could do it (it may not be ideal when you need to update the plan)  Set your pony wall to display the upper wall – send to layout as an image; then, change the pony wall to display the lower wall – send to layout.  

EDIT:  There's a better way - see the video link below.

pony wall.png

8 hours ago, scottharris said:

This is a good question. There’s not a way to do this based on layers.  Here’s one way you could do it (it may not be ideal when you need to update the plan)  Set your pony wall to display the upper wall – send to layout as an image; then, change the pony wall to display the lower wall – send to layout.  

pony wall.png

I am not sure if it is necessary to send as an image.  This was in a post several weeks ago......  essentially the view of the wall remains static after sent to layout.

So send to layout showing top wall and then send to layout showing bottom wall and it should stick.

Does anybody else remember this.  No time to check right now.