Making custom cabinet door for chamfer cabinet

MarkMc

I don't do many vids, I think working through the problems you learn more (and I personally prefer old fashioned static images). In any case this required more images than I wanted to deal with and figured it might be useful to use with some things I've posted in the past.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I don't do many vids, I think working through the problems you learn more (and I personally prefer old fashioned static images). In any case this required more images than I wanted to deal with and figured it might be useful to use with some things I've posted in the past.

Great Video Mark...…. and you made it look easy.  I'm saving this one, for sure!

Mark.........................Appreciate the video. I figured the procedures about 15 min. before you loaded your thread, but the video confirmed everything I did. I'm now trying to figure a way I can control the height of the chamfer on the stile (changing the distances in from the top and bottom of the stile) without making different stile symbols for each situation when installing the chamfered stile on a cabinet. Do you have a suggestion? Once again.......I appreciate your time and knowledge in helping me with my problem. Have a great day

5 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mark.........................Appreciate the video. I figured the procedures about 15 min. before you loaded your thread, but the video confirmed everything I did. I'm now trying to figure a way I can control the height of the chamfer on the stile (changing the distances in from the top and bottom of the stile) without making different stile symbols for each situation when installing the chamfered stile on a cabinet. Do you have a suggestion? Once again.......I appreciate your time and knowledge in helping me with my problem. Have a great day

P lace existing symbol, uncheck height planes to change to 2 strecth planes- place one plane an inch from the bottom the other an inch from the top.

Resize the object, save as symbol, redo the stretch zones so that the chamfers are locked. -example-current chamfer at 1.5" off each end, increase height by 2" so each chamfer is 2.5" off the ends.

Unequal is possible but requires a second generation of symbol.

• 3 months later...
On 4/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, MarkMc said:

I don't do many vids, I think working through the problems you learn more (and I personally prefer old fashioned static images). In any case this required more images than I wanted to deal with and figured it might be useful to use with some things I've posted in the past

Mark - nice video.  I followed your instructions as closely as I could...but, not sure I'm getting the correct result.  The bottom of my cabinet is missing.  I think from deleting the "separation" at the bottom cause the entire bottom of the cabinet to disappear.  

What am I doing wrong...if anything?  Thanks.  You are the cabinet master!

2019-07-30_10-15-01.thumb.png.22999b8fef72daa4533325ed1abbfe8f.png

56 minutes ago, SNestor said:

What am I doing wrong...if anything?

You're not, I just left out that part. Most often I just use a shelf to make the bottom. I do have a lot of parts I insert into the back of the cabinet and have bottoms (stiles, toe kicks, ....)

image.thumb.png.2e0d174efdb9ffe0289c5f3204464ed6.png

On 4/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, Larry_Sweeney said:

I'm now trying to figure a way I can control the height of the chamfer on the stile (changing the distances in from the top and bottom of the stile) without making different stile symbols for each situation when installing the chamfered stile on a cabinet.

Just saw this Larry, musta been asleep. You can use the same chamfer for different heights if you don't need to change where it starts in relation to the top and bottom by setting a stretch zone that falls above the bottom and below the top of the curves of the chamfer. You can change where the chamfer starts by setting a stretch plane above or below (or both as pictured). For variations in the start and end then you need new symbols but those can be quickly done with generations-set stretch plane, alter height, convert to symbol-redo...These both started with the symbol in the middle at 30" high and were resized to 36" each with different stretch definitions.

For different with or depth of chamfer you need a new symbol

image.thumb.png.87311b9db4a03030d10c1be8cc9520a7.png