00Zero

Cannot select after camera view closes

Recommended Posts

I wish I could come up with a better title, but it is a weird problem.

First off, CA X11, Windows 10, Intel i7-855U, 8GB RAM, GeForce 940MX w/ 4GB and yes I did tell NVIDIA to use it's card for CA.

Ok, onto the problem. in all my plans, from X10 and including new ones started in X11, after looking at a camera view, and closing it, when I select an item (wall, joist, anything) it does not gray out as selected and the section boxes that usually show up at the bottom of the window are not there. Weirdly it works if I do not close that camera view. I can double click on the object and it opens the new window for that object, but nothing else happens as it should.

I have included 2 images so you can see the difference.

After.png

Before.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 00Zero said:

CA X11, Windows 10, Intel i7-855U, 8GB RAM, GeForce 940MX w/ 4GB

 

If you put that info in your signature, you won't need to repeat it every time :)

 

Here's how: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably best sent to Chief support. Can you make a video? I've found they help convey an odd problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 00Zero said:

GeForce 940MX w/ 4GB and yes I did tell NVIDIA to use it's card for CA

 

Weirds issues like this are sometimes related to the Video card Driver......when was it last Updated ? latest is 419.67 for your  940MX.....

 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/145536

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kbird1 Mick,

"Windows has determined that the best version of the driver is already installed."

I am working on a HP Pavillion laptop. Do I trust Windows or try to force the driver update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 00Zero said:

@Kbird1 Mick,

"Windows has determined that the best version of the driver is already installed."

I am working on a HP Pavillion laptop. Do I trust Windows or try to force the driver update?

 

Depends on what version WinUpdate/Device Manager says is in use ? and the Newest is not ALWAYS the best depending on the age of the computer, a known good Driver is 382.05

 

This is a thread about some issues from last year and a link to 382.05

 

Personally I install the Driver myself but do a Custom install as I don't need or want Geforce Experience or the 3D software etc, but Geforce Exp. will keep the Driver current for you too if you prefer to  use it? I do it myself anyway and so don't install it....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Kbird1

My laptop is less than 6mo old and I have version 398.36.

I will bring this up with CA Tech support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 00Zero said:

Thanks @Kbird1

My laptop is less than 6mo old and I have version 398.36.

I will bring this up with CA Tech support.

 

I am surprised then that WinUpdate hasn't tried to update it , unless you ( or HP)  have turned Drivers Off for Win Update as I do?

 

IIRC some of the 39X.XX series had issues on Notebooks but not sure about your specific version.

 

Did you check you Products Support Page at HP?

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 00Zero said:

and yes I did tell NVIDIA to use it's card for CA.

 That may not enough to ensure that the Nvidia card is being used. That setting just tells Nvidia that "if it is being used" and CA is using it then to use the settings provided by CA. To make sure your Nvidia card is always being used you need to also go to the Windows power plan and change it to "High Performance". There is also a similar power setting in the Nvidia control panel, it should also be set to "High Performance". Most of today's laptops, to maximize battery time, will bounce back and forth between the integrated graphics and the discrete video card, I don't think CA can deal with this. Only by setting everything to high performance can you be assured that only the discrete Nvidia card is being used 100% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, 00Zero said:

I wish I could come up with a better title, but it is a weird problem.

First off, CA X11, Windows 10, Intel i7-855U, 8GB RAM, GeForce 940MX w/ 4GB and yes I did tell NVIDIA to use it's card for CA.

Ok, onto the problem. in all my plans, from X10 and including new ones started in X11, after looking at a camera view, and closing it, when I select an item (wall, joist, anything) it does not gray out as selected and the section boxes that usually show up at the bottom of the window are not there. Weirdly it works if I do not close that camera view. I can double click on the object and it opens the new window for that object, but nothing else happens as it should.

I have included 2 images so you can see the difference.

After.png

Before.png

I am having similar / same issue.  I also have issues with material selections locking up after closing.  It seems to have started a few months ago for me in VS X10. I thought it might have been an X10 issue but having same in X11 it seems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone.

I installed GeForce Experience and it installed the proper driver so it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27478
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20
    Joined