Designer100

Roof Issue connecting closing pitch with pitch tool

I design a lot of remodeling porch roof extensions and pergolias. I keep having issue closing the ridge up and at the top is another pitch.. I have even broke the lines  but sitll not close up. 

Any help out there? attached is existing picuture. I need to have smooth 6:12 pitch going into exisiging roof.]]

Thanki you for any help solving this issue

Newell Cheatheam 

chief x11

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

ROOF ISSUE CONNECTING.jpg

Berkoff Court.layout

IMG_4549.jpg

• Upvote 1

Is there a special reason the pitch is in degrees instead of per:12?...and all of your pitches vary by a little bit. Did you try auto roofs? Using a standard pitch:12?

Double click on the selection arrow and change show pitch in degrees, if that's what you want. Why that selection is no where near a roof dbx is anyone's guess.

pitch to degrees 2.png

The house roof is existing. 2 pitches on porch side  before adding new covered roof. It is a different pitch. Trying to get to close off duing perpective. see existing pic before I add new roof.

2 ideas. Minimum pitch is 3.

ct1.thumb.png.83476c0edd1940deea72cac332a8633d.pngct2.thumb.png.8d7d4b3fb8471e9199a31e00a8b0ebdc.pngct3.thumb.png.e7aac89f2b1dc07a3c54c6e167e37773.png

Howdy Newell,

Your existing roof does not match the photo (see the red circle), but here is the solution for the new patio roof (with your slope and baselines) joining the adjacent roof planes.

Regards,

Charles Volz

__CA temp 1.JPG

Berkoff Court-Paito Cover CV1.zip

Thanks for the roof help charles. I am just guess on existing roof beyound the patio extentsion roof. I will not show much beyond that. 

Newell

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By Designer100
      1) I would appreciate any help on the rear of this remodeling adding porch roof to existing slab. Looking at rear of house. lower pitch roof hitting into existing roof about 72" up from edge of existing rear birck wall (missing some roof vets )with gable on left side of it in from exist. slab about 48" missing the existing hip roof. 
      2) Also I cannot seem to close the roof coming from first floor roof edge all the way up catching the roof on the 2nd floor (not closing up from left side of 2nd floor roof. See attached existing pics. 

Thank you for any help in getting these issues resolved on this porch addtion roof. Just need it looking right when doing perpective on rear for HOA. 

Newell Cheatheam
      chief 11x windows 10
      Gasdia Porch Remodeling.plan

• By Designer100
      Roof will not complet over 2 story great room,  part of kitchen and part of entry roof. 
      above dining room there is a drop down ceilng part of clg. cannot get it removed.
      Also above entry there is a drop down that will not remove. dining will not let me show 10' clg?
      All first floor 10' celings and open 2 story at great room. 9'; ceilings 2nd floor.

Would appreciat any help. Need to get to client tomorrow before they go out of town home 3 hours away. 
      Beach_House_Corpus_Christi_plan_1.zip
    • By Designer100
      2nd floor bedroom roof is not showing same level facia  with the rest of the house or bedroom 2. Both floor should be 9 ft celings.
      Help appreciated. cannot figure it out.
      8215L.zip

• By Designer100
      Roof Issue - just domers need to show on new second floor plan. It is Showing new roof over part of new second floor. Need the walls to just go to bottom of Plate line of existing roof joists.. Can any one help?

Would be appreciated. 

Newell
      Suttles.James Remodeling 04.2016.plan