Create Window Symbol = 3D Is Ok, But 2D Is Not

xterix

CAD patch is the only way I know of. Chief will not allow a symbol to be truly inserted into a wall yet. You can adjust the origin of your custom symbol and it will slide into the window "cutout" but no matter what you do the associated CAD block will only attach TO the wall and not INTO the wall like Chief's native window symbols do. Definitely needs to be fixed.

Chief's Window Symbols are designed to be "Projection" Windows (like Garden Windows, Unit Bay Windows, etc.) and do not at this time have a way to offset the 2D Block y-origin so the 2D will be inset.

You can edit the Symbol and set the 2D Block to None

However, in the case of your window I would just use a "Pass Thru" with Frame and Casings.

It is a matter of editing the "x-y-z" settings of the 2D block or just try regenerating the 2D block. this is done by way of the "Edit Symbol" dialog for each symbol. Actually now that I think of it, windows may not have such a dialog like other symbols and if that is true then you would have to make the repair in the same program you used to create the window symbol object, correcting the 2D block part of the window object. The above is suppositional from my point of view because I have never needed to make a custom window object.

DJP

It is a matter of editing the "x-y-z" settings of the 2D block or just try regenerating the 2D block. this is done by way of the "Edit Symbol" dialog for each symbol. Actually now that I think of it, windows may not have such a dialog like other symbols and if that is true then you would have to make the repair in the same program you used to create the window symbol object, correcting the 2D block part of the window object. The above is suppositional from my point of view because I have never needed to make a custom window object.

DJP

Sorry DJ,

This doesn't work with Window Symbols.  Chief will allow the 2D Block to be offset but not so that it will recess into the wall.  So, your supposition is incorrect.