Dawn0310

Library issues!

When I click on the Library icon nothing happens... There's a check mark in the box indicating it has been chosen but nothing is coming up. What do I do to fix this? It's an issue with every project I open.

What about the Project Browser and ALDO?

Ah, yes, sorry. The issue I'm having is the Library Browser isn't coming up. Checked project Browser and ALDO and still nothing...

I can pull it up IF I click on an object, such as a cabinet, but not from the tool bar...

Do you have multiple monitors? If you have Chief full screen, make it smaller -- not minimized, just smaller and move it around to see if anything shows.

How do I do that? I've only been using this program for about a year...self-taught. Much appreciate the help.

This is a Windows or Mac thing. On Windows, double click the title bar, or click the middle icon. Grab the edge of the window and drag it so the window is smaller. Click and hold the title bar to pan the window.

You want to look behind the window to see if the library window is there. If so, drag it back on to the main Chief window.

ct1.thumb.png.b9b107d2b9a4396eec0f7ea3366ddb50.png

I'm out of ideas. Try a forum search -- I'm sure this has been discussed before.

You can also do an install and pick the Repair option which may put things back.

thanks, my friend. I'll try that but for right now i'm going to pour a glass of winae and make dinner...need to step away from this issue. thanks again

49 minutes ago, Dawn0310 said:

When I click on the Library icon nothing happens... There's a check mark in the box indicating it has been chosen but nothing is coming up. What do I do to fix this? It's an issue with every project I open.

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying.  If you right Click on the "Library" tab of the main menu bar (this is not a "Tool Bar") and the "Library Browser" shows a check mark then it should be visible someplace.

Another way is to move the mouse cursor over the "View" tab you will also see if the "Library Browser" is checked.  If not, click on it to make it visible.

"Library Icon" is something I don't understand - as far as I know there is no such thing in Chief.

BTW, what version of Chief are you using?

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

"Library Icon" is something I don't understand - as far as I know there is no such thing in Chief.

Look at the first image i posted above. Preferences, Library, Project, ALDO icons.

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Sounds like you haven't used ( or seen) the "Resources Toolbar" for sometime Joe , I have it pushed all the Way left under the Open and Save Icons and do use the Library Icon too.

I would of thought Reset Side windows would of fixed this..... unless it is not a recent version of Chief...or not Chief ie HD Suite?

image.thumb.png.8c415519a5b8e3f40c9403d1819cd934.png