Janeldesigner

Materials - flooring calculation

I am trying to figure out how much wood floor to order for a job.  When i go to the materials list - the wood flooring category calculates the space by "ft" not Sq.Ft. which is not accurate.  So how do i change the calcualtion to be done as sq.ft. and not ft?

You need to change that in the material's definition.

There are several ways to do this, try this way.

3D>Materials>Plan Materials.

Select the material.

Edit>Materials List panel>Materials List Calculation, change this to Area.

You can also get there quickly by selecting the Adjust Material Definition (rainbow) tool from a 3D view.

I am assuming you are using X11 as the method will be different for X10 and earlier.

49 minutes ago, glennw said:

You need to change that in the material's definition.

There are several ways to do this, try this way.

3D>Materials>Plan Materials.

Select the material.

Edit>Materials List panel>Materials List Calculation, change this to Area.

You can also get there quickly by selecting the Adjust Material Definition (rainbow) tool from a 3D view.

I am assuming you are using X11 as the method will be different for X10 and earlier.

Call me crazy, but sometimes I don’t see the Material List tab in the Define Materials DBX. 

It just isn’t there sometimes. 

Sometimes I get:

- General

- Pattern

- Texture

- Properties

Other times I get:

- Pattern

- Texture

- Properties

- Materials List

Am I hallucinating?

43 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

Call me crazy, but sometimes I don’t see the Material List tab in the Define Materials DBX. 

It just isn’t there sometimes. 

Sometimes I get:

- General

- Pattern

- Texture

- Properties

Other times I get:

- Pattern

- Texture

- Properties

- Materials List

Am I hallucinating?

Maybe you're working in X10 sometimes and in X11 other times.