J_Ward

Scale Bar Symbol Library Item

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have the scale bar library item for 1/4" = 1' and 1/2" = 1'?

 

I'm having a helluva time trying to figure out this simple little thing on my own. Maybe there is a tutorial out there about how to manipulate the "full scale" library symbol to make it into whatever you need?

 

Thanks for helping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you use your Scale Bar in a Plan, Elevation or Section it will reflect whatever the current scale is.  There shouldn't be a need for more than one Scale Bar.

 

It is then a part of what you send to Layout and will be correct for whatever scale is used in the Layout.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J_Ward said:

Does anyone have the scale bar library item for 1/4" = 1' and 1/2" = 1'?

 

I'm having a helluva time trying to figure out this simple little thing on my own. Maybe there is a tutorial out there about how to manipulate the "full scale" library symbol to make it into whatever you need?

 

Thanks for helping.

 

Ironically, the easy answer is to just scale the scale.  Select the block, click Transform/Replictae, and then enter the appropriate scale (.25/12 or .5/12).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

Ironically, the easy answer is to just scale the scale.  Select the block, click Transform/Replictae, and then enter the appropriate scale (.25/12 or .5/12).

Umm, I don't think it is quite that easy, Michael. You'd also have to explode the block and change the numbers, too. Not a big deal, but as soon as you scale it, the numbers are wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Umm, I don't it is quite that easy, Michael. You'd also have to explode the block and change the numbers, too. Not a big deal, but as soon as you scale it, the numbers are wrong.

 

How so?  I’m away from my computer but as I recall, there is no scale reference included with the bar scale in question...only the bars themselves and 0-6 notations.  Those bars should represent that exact say length no matter what scale they’re at.  Should be no reason to change any numbers unless I’m totally missing something.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

How so?  I’m away from my computer but as I recall, there is no scale reference included with the bar scale in question...only the bars themselves and 0-6 notations.  Those bars should represent that exact say length no matter what scale they’re at.  Should be no reason to change any numbers unless I’m totally missing something.  

The bar is correct at 1/4" scale, and is labeled 0-3. It's three feet long. But let's say you rescale the bar to 1/2 size so it's the same apparent size at 1/2" scale. Now the bars are labeled the same 0-3, but it's only 1.5' long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I spoke too quickly.  The bar scale would be correct if scaled down per my suggestion and placed in layout by the corresponding layout box, BUT it would visually be way too small or way too big depending on the scale being used.  You’re right, numbers would need to be changed.  In that case though, so might the size of the bar scale as well as the relative sizes of the bars themselves (depending on the scale being used).  I wasn’t thinking too clearly.  I actually never use a graphic scale on my drawings.  I typically only note the scale, so I probably shouldn’t have said anything.  The answer seemed so easy though!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27469
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign
    Joined