Angled Walls In A Bay.

SusanC

Hi,

I am working on a master bath with a large bay.  I am drawing it out and have all of my dimensions, yet am struggling to figure out the exact angle of the walls in the bay so that I can get all of the measurements to match (at least close).  Is there a trick to this process? 

Thanks!

Do an octagon the width of the bay and the top 3 sections will be the exact (equal) dimensions. You can put this in place and follow it with walls and then adjust slightly to get rid of any small fractions. Works well for gazebo style roofs too.

You can also change the angles of the walls you draw in the General Plan Defaults.  In the Allowed Angles portion of the dialog box, you can use either of Chief's two out-of-the-box angle options (7.5 or 15 degrees) or you can plug in up to eight additional personal allowed angles by entering their values in each of those input boxes.  You'll need to have angle snaps on for any of these settings to work.  When you are drawing walls, you can visually see what angle the wall is by looking in the task bar in the bottom center, where the wall length is also displayed.  You can also see what angle a wall is by selecting the wall, opening its specification dbx and viewing the angle in the General Tab.  You could also just select an already drawn wall and with the mouse cursor on a wall segment end handle, if you engage it like you are going to change the angle (but don't actually move it), the angle will show up in the task bar.  Lastly, Chief has an angular dimension tool that you can use to determine the angle.  Click on the Dimension Tool in the toolbar and the angular dimension tool is one of the options available.   Hope that helps you.