Shed roof gap

Aamir77

2 hours ago, Aamir77 said:

A rough copy of the plan I have posted above but strangely the problem of the beam of light is not showing as soon as I withdraw the symbols from this plan.

Ok got it Aamir..... did the Room have any light Fittings in it before you strip it ? CA will add a ceiling light to the Room if there isn't one placed by you as CA needs "light" for the 3D views.

Are you still using X9? is your Signature correct? I will need to use the same Version as you....

- Always a good idea to build a foundation , even if you don't need one for the Project , as CA expects one and so Lighting works better..

same for a Roof , add one or a floor above

- I am not sure what the Large Brown "Boxes" are ? see red arrows, are they Correct ? just decorative?

- You can see the Roof needs to come up perhaps another 2-3", using Main Layer only for your Walls means you can't see that the Roof is "in" the Wall.

- The Gap is in the room on the 3rd Floor Correct? not the 2nd floor where the "light issue" was?  ( I don't see the light problem now either ) 

I think it maybe because like on the lower roof (2nd flr) the Roof plane does not extend fully over the walls, except at the front.

*Walls in CA NEED a Roof / Ceiling to Build upto. *** I think that was the issue

- You are also Using Interior Walls, as Exterior Walls in the Plan which may or may not help with the "light issues" you are experiencing. I'll make a Wall Type and see.

It isn't Perfect , but here is your Plan back to have a look , done in X9 .........................Aamir77_gutted_MHD_Rev1.plan

M.

image.thumb.png.ee3aefa26d8a55636d913f0138633146.pngimage.thumb.png.5cba3112106dcaad4724aa80dcde4d4f.pngimage.thumb.png.0ff8597095299616db328c1dd02239b0.pngimage.thumb.png.13a62797da939d0dd69bf14236d371c8.pngimage.thumb.png.519c01383bdf7f05836e27d870c6b132.png

7 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Ok got it Aamir..... did the Room have any light Fittings in it before you strip it ? CA will add a ceiling light to the Room if there isn't one placed by you as CA needs "light" for the 3D views.

Are you still using X9? is your Signature correct? I will need to use the same Version as you....

- Always a good idea to build a foundation , even if you don't need one for the Project , as CA expects one and so Lighting works better..

same for a Roof , add one or a floor above

- I am not sure what the Large Brown "Boxes" are ? see red arrows, are they Correct ? just decorative?

- You can see the Roof needs to come up perhaps another 2-3", using Main Layer only for your Walls means you can't see that the Roof is "in" the Wall.

- The Gap is in the room on the 3rd Floor Correct? not the 2nd floor where the "light issue" was?  ( I don't see the light problem now either ) 

I think it maybe because like on the lower roof (2nd flr) the Roof plane does not extend fully over the walls, except at the front.

*Walls in CA NEED a Roof / Ceiling to Build upto. *** I think that was the issue

- You are also Using Interior Walls, as Exterior Walls in the Plan which may or may not help with the "light issues" you are experiencing. I'll make a Wall Type and see.

It isn't Perfect , but here is your Plan back to have a look , done in X9 .........................Aamir77_gutted_MHD_Rev1.plan

M.

image.thumb.png.ee3aefa26d8a55636d913f0138633146.pngimage.thumb.png.5cba3112106dcaad4724aa80dcde4d4f.pngimage.thumb.png.0ff8597095299616db328c1dd02239b0.pngimage.thumb.png.13a62797da939d0dd69bf14236d371c8.pngimage.thumb.png.519c01383bdf7f05836e27d870c6b132.png

I think I have removed all the light fixtures yet again to err is human. Yep, I am using x9 for this plan as it was initiated long ago before I got to the X10, I do have X10 also. I did not bother going into the foundation phase for this plan because at that time I did not hire a contractor. Depending on the expertise of the contractors i thought, better leave it up to them just because of their practicality so I left it at the beginning. I love to learn proper framing and foundation but for the time being, I am a noob at it. yep, the brown boxes are just decorative. I would be obliged if anyone of you leads me to a better front elevation of the said plan. Problem faced was in the room on the 1st floor whose shed roof is passing halfway over the ceiling (pic#1). The shed roof of this room got disturbed after my indeterminate tries to fix the leaking light issue. The gap between walls and the shed roof was just like the gap on the 3rd floor before. The gap on the third floor is my second concern but that gap is not leaking any light though it needs a serious correction from outside I would thank you if learn how to correct it too. Yep, the roof plans are restricted from both left (2nd floor) and right (1st floor) just because of the presence of tall buildings both sides (Overhang should remain inside my own building). I know, I have made mistakes somewhere using interior walls as exterior but that can be corrected anytime, I might be wrong. I am going to have your reply plan downloaded, let's see. By the way, I would like to thank you one more time for your patience and time with my substandard plan, I am a hobbyist and this plan would be my first constructional experiment. I am in the building foundation phase of the said plan in real at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

I think I have removed all the light fixtures yet again to err is human. Yep, I am using x9 for this plan as it was initiated long ago before I got to the X10, I do have X10 also. I did not bother going into the foundation phase for this plan because at that time I did not hire a contractor. Depending on the expertise of the contractors i thought, better leave it up to them just because of their practicality so I left it at the beginning. I love to learn proper framing and foundation but for the time being, I am a noob at it. yep, the brown boxes are just decorative. I would be obliged if anyone of you leads me to a better front elevation of the said plan. Problem faced was in the room on the 1st floor whose shed roof is passing halfway over the ceiling (pic#1). The shed roof of this room got disturbed after my indeterminate tries to fix the leaking light issue. The gap between walls and the shed roof was just like the gap on the 3rd floor before. The gap on the third floor is my second concern but that gap is not leaking any light though it needs a serious correction from outside I would thank you if learn how to correct it too. Yep, the roof plans are restricted from both left (2nd floor) and right (1st floor) just because of the presence of tall buildings both sides (Overhang should remain inside my own building). I know, I have made mistakes somewhere using interior walls as exterior but that can be corrected anytime, I might be wrong. I am going to have your reply plan downloaded, let's see. By the way, I would like to thank you one more time for your patience and time with my substandard plan, I am a hobbyist and this plan would be my first constructional experiment. I am in the building foundation phase of the said plan in real at the moment.

As you will see I changed many of the Walls to how you normally build there , as well as playing around with a few other things to make it work better, if the Building is between two other Buildings it maybe better to ROUGHLY model them too so you can pull the Roof Plans right to the other Buildings. I think I remember working in another plan of yours and the Issue there was also that you had use Interior Walls for Exterior walls and light was bleeding into the house....

There shouldn't be any reason you can't move the plan into X10 or even X11 if you have upgraded this week.

Mick.

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

As you will see I changed many of the Walls to how you normally build there , as well as playing around with a few other things to make it work better, if the Building is between two other Buildings it maybe better to ROUGHLY model them too so you can pull the Roof Plans right to the other Buildings. I think I remember working in another plan of yours and the Issue there was also that you had use Interior Walls for Exterior walls and light was bleeding into the house....

There shouldn't be any reason you can't move the plan into X10 or even X11 if you have upgraded this week.

Mick.

Ok, I will give special attention to the exterior and interior wall next time. I tried to shift the plan to x10 but some of the imported symbols and CAD blocks which I created for false ceilings became problematic.

7 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

You are also Using Interior Walls, as Exterior Walls in the Plan which may or may not help with the "light issues" you are experiencing.

Mick and Aamir,

In terms of the wall's definition, there is no difference between an exterior wall and an interior wall.

ie, There is no wall property that makes it an interior or exterior wall - that is defined by how the wall is used - either internal to the model or forming the external perimeter.

The fact that we have 2 wall buttons named Exterior Wall and Interior Wall has no meaning - they are just 2 default wall buttons - wall A and wall B. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, glennw said:

Mick and Aamir,

In terms of the wall's definition, there is no difference between an exterior wall and an interior wall.

ie, There is no wall property that makes it an interior or exterior wall - that is defined by how the wall is used - either internal to the model or forming the external perimeter.

The fact that we have 2 wall buttons named Exterior Wall and Interior Wall has no meaning - they are just 2 default wall buttons - wall A and wall B. 

This was My initial thoughts on walls but I have seen a numbers of plans now from here on the Forum with Light Bleed Issues and most were fixed by changing the Wall type to an Exterior Type...what that change also does I am not sure, in regards to how the Light engine works, ( maybe nothing?) , so I am only speaking from personal experience and maybe it was purely luck? but it's not the 1st plan of Aamir's I've seen this the Issue...or maybe it is the same plan ? worked on over the years?

39 minutes ago, Aamir77 said:

Ok, I will give special attention to the exterior and interior wall next time. I tried to shift the plan to x10 but some of the imported symbols and CAD blocks which I created for false ceilings became problematic.

Did you just Open the plan in X10 or did you Try copy and pasting into a X10 Plan?  copy and paste could be an issue yes.

M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Did you just Open the plan in X10 or did you Try copy and pasting into a X10 Plan?  copy and paste could be an issue yes.

M.

Don't remember what did I do but now I have opened your Rev1 plan in x10, it's too smooth and neat. Thank you. May I have a video demonstration on how did you fill all the roof gaps, especially of the top floor, between shed roof and walls?

29 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I have seen a numbers of plans now from here on the Forum with Light Bleed Issues and most were fixed by changing the Wall type to an Exterior Type...what that change also does I am not sure, in regards to how the Light engine works, ( maybe nothing?) , so I am only speaking from personal experience and maybe it was purely luck?

Mick,

If a change of wall type fixes the problem, then it could only be a setting in the wall definition itself that is doing it.

Makes no difference which toolbar you click to draw the wall (Internal or External).

51 minutes ago, glennw said:

Mick,

If a change of wall type fixes the problem, then it could only be a setting in the wall definition itself that is doing it.

Makes no difference which toolbar you click to draw the wall (Internal or External).

Thanks Glenn, I'll keep that in mind , I actually didn't find a light Issue in the Stripped down Plan , but there is alot of Wall mis-alignments etc due to some weird wall definitions, it is obvious the plan has been played with alot over the years.

M.

1 hour ago, Aamir77 said:

Don't remember what did I do but now I have opened your Rev1 plan in x10, it's too smooth and neat. Thank you. May I have a video demonstration on how did you fill all the roof gaps, especially of the top floor, between shed roof and walls?

Your Welcome , it's not finished and I didn't really know what kinds of Walls you use or want there so Everything is mostly 4 1/2" Brick with Plaster or 9" Brick with Plaster and some Walls are 9" Brick with a Stone Face with a plaster interior. I wasn't sure if Siding was really being used or you just used it since it was the Default Wall being a CA Newbie? but any wall can be changed easily and new Definitions made if necessary.

The 2nd floor Roof was okay , it just needed to reach past the walls so the roof would let the Attic level walls build properly , the issue was actually the same on the 3rd level. , I'll see if I can make a short Video.

M.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Your Welcome , it's not finished and I didn't really know what kinds of Walls you use or want there so Everything is mostly 4 1/2" Brick with Plaster or 9" Brick with Plaster and some Walls are 9" Brick with a Stone Face with a plaster interior. I wasn't sure if Siding was really being used or you just used it since it was the Default Wall being a CA Newbie? but any wall can be changed easily and new Definitions made if necessary.

The 2nd floor Roof was okay , it just needed to reach past the walls so the roof would let the Attic level walls build properly , the issue was actually the same on the 3rd level. , I'll see if I can make a short Video.

M.

yep, All the walls which are thicker mean 9'' brick and thinner are 4'' brick 1/4'' Plaster in & out. Stacked stone is used for the front elevation beautification 1323640302_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.45509bc99140fe22eb336d7af0a79f34.jpgand also used inside living area just to pop up the ventilator from inside. 18-4.thumb.jpg.fee76fc73fdb45ecac5117169f9de2a8.jpg

Used the siding just because it was a default property otherwise exterior walls will just get Plaster. I know I can set my own default but siding does not bother me either. Advance thanks for the video demo.

1 hour ago, Aamir77 said:

yep, All the walls which are thicker mean 9'' brick and thinner are 4'' brick 1/4'' Plaster in & out. Stacked stone is used for the front elevation beautification 1323640302_Untitled2.thumb.jpg.45509bc99140fe22eb336d7af0a79f34.jpgand also used inside living area just to pop up the ventilator from inside. 18-4.thumb.jpg.fee76fc73fdb45ecac5117169f9de2a8.jpg

Used the siding just because it was a default property otherwise exterior walls will just get Plaster. I know I can set my own default but siding does not bother me either. Advance thanks for the video demo.

I made 4" and 9" Walls for you in the new plan and 9" with Stone as well. I will try and do a short video tomorrow , night

• Like 1

Hi Aamir , sorry for not posting earlier I had to reinstall my Video-Capture Software (Jing) , sorry I don't have a mic so there is no Audio in this one. Jing need Flash so you may need to use Internet Explorer , FireFox and Chrome won't play it.

Aamir's Roof Fix

image.thumb.png.fff257ce2cab7712ade8ffe76ef6223d.png    I did a bit more in your plan in X10 and saved it there too :      Aamir77_gutted_MHD_Rev2_X10.plan

and these are your Wall Definitions  : Aamir's Wall Definitions_X10_Gutted.dat

Mick.

• Like 1