Bay Window Problems

EconBlueprints

I am trying to put a bay window into a 6" stud wall with 4" brick veneer.

This wants to be a real bay window....window only, no walls underneath, no floor underneath.  The exterior wants to be just as it comes from the factory, ...no siding, no roof, nothing underneath.

So far its been three hours of pure Chief Frustration, which I know we all experience almost every time we use Chief.
Is there any to get a true bay window with Chief, Or do you have to do a Cad Elevation View and draw it manually?

Thanks,

Lane

14 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

Here is the plan, and a link to the bay window  

image.thumb.png.557fca1bc78d0ed39e3f2a0a4de93857.png

They still need a Roof and a Bottom as they need to be Insulated+waterproofed , at least in my experience the Top and bottom where just 3/4" MDF or Plywood.

But perhaps you are referring to a different product?

M.

The Roof will be field built the  unit comes with a plywood top. Framing will be 2x6, insulation will be high denisty foam.
Bottom will be similar, 2x6 frame for window to sit on with two brackets supporting window.  Insulation will be similar.
I tried to raise the floor so there would be a 5.5" space below, but it does not seem to like that.  I was able to do the roof.

Lane

Yes, Center window is 4/10 x 4/6 Picture unit, Flankers are 2/0 x 4/6 DH.
Bottom of Roof Fascia about 2" above top of window.
Bottom about 6" below windows.

No Brick veneer on bay window.  
I was playing around with increasing the depth of the window by 4" so the bricks on either side would not hit the flanker windows, as the brick sits proud of the wall sheathing.

Lane

34 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

Yes, Center window is 4/10 x 4/6 Picture unit, Flankers are 2/0 x 4/6 DH.
Bottom of Roof Fascia about 2" above top of window.
Bottom about 6" below windows.

No Brick veneer on bay window.  
I was playing around with increasing the depth of the window by 4" so the bricks on either side would not hit the flanker windows, as the brick sits proud of the wall sheathing.

Lane

I don't see any bricks in your Plan? (yes I do, other end ... :)) but it is doable with some playing around ...close enough?

image.thumb.png.d9db7c0737912a83d29fe8a82a19ce76.pngimage.thumb.png.21a0b70c47fac5c2a6d8c4a9f302e2b8.png

PS , I agree not a good idea to have plumbing in exterior wall unless extra precautions are taken...

If you are using a pre-fab "Bay Window" then it would need to be modeled as a "Window Symbol" complete with the floor and top and inserted in a "Pass-Thru Window".  You would also need to model the floor and roof of the Bay Window  Chief doesn't create this type of Bay Window automatically - and Chief doesn't have any predefined symbols for them.  There are a couple of "Protruding Window Symbols" in the Library that may help you understand what needs to be modeled.  Look specifically at the "Oriel" window Symbol as it's the closest to what you are trying to do.

I made a request several years ago regarding this type of Custom Window Symbol.  It appears that CA may have incorporated some of my requests but I'm not 100% sure.  IAE, you will definitely have to create the symbol rather than trying to use Chief's Window Tool.