decorators3

Hi

I am creating a two apartment home   and am trying to create exterior covered stairs on the side of the house  . I created an exterior  room on the first level and opted for no ceiling and no roof but when the camera went into the first  floor it still showed a  ceiling.  Should I put hole in ceiling platform to allow stairs to go to the second floor

Levina

I had a project that had an exterior stairs as well.  I did not create the stairs it in a room however.  I had a slab (porch) on main level, then a deck on the second.  I connected the stairs to these two levels.  No room creation was involved.  I had an issue of the stairs not showing on the second floor (because I did not use a room definition of "opened below).  So what I did, per a suggestion on this forum, was to create another Reference Floor Display set, turned everything off except the stair layer (and changed to black) plus added a couple cad lines to clean up, and showed that on my second level plan view.  See attached.  This was in Chief Premier X10, I don't know much about HDP.      

first floor ext stairs.JPG

second floor ext stairs.JPG

exterior stairs.jpg