Vector View 3D settings?

ChiefChris1

This has bugged me since X9 was released.  I like the way X8 did it, but I do not like X9 or X10.

In a vector (section or camera) view, X8 would show black outlines on surfaces.  X9 and X10 do not. 

In X9 and X10, all of my vector views just look very white-washed and surface edges are not easily definable...it is difficult to see the outline of anything (cabinet doors, fixtures, walls...anything) because I do not see those lines. 

Do you have any idea what I am talking about?

Is this a feature in 3D settings that I can turn on or off?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, ChiefChris1 said:

This has bugged me since X9 was released.  I like the way X8 did it, but I do not like X9 or X10.

In a vector (section or camera) view, X8 would show black outlines on surfaces.  X9 and X10 do not. 

In X9 and X10, all of my vector views just look very white-washed and surface edges are not easily definable...it is difficult to see the outline of anything (cabinet doors, fixtures, walls...anything) because I do not see those lines. 

Do you have any idea what I am talking about?

Is this a feature in 3D settings that I can turn on or off?

Thanks.

Not 100% sure from you description but the Default for Surface Edge Lines in X8 maybe different than in X9 or X10 perhaps?

having Layer Settings off or on causes CA to use Black lines on all edges (Or not) , so perhaps different by default in X8? needs to be on in X10 to get them for me.

Defaults>3D View Defaults>3D Views> at the bottom there are two check boxes ...hit F1 to get an explanation for each.

KB

1 minute ago, ChiefChris1 said:

NOW, I found it...
I checked BOTH boxes and now my vector views look the way I want them to.

image.thumb.png.421f9e8f1a382502562f76290db3044d.png

You're really missing out on some pretty major things if you had to check both those boxes...especially if you don't know exactly why you had to check both those boxes.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You're really missing out on some pretty major things if you had to check both those boxes...especially if you don't know exactly why you had to check both those boxes. 

I don't need the 2nd box checked, and IIRC, Michael put me right a while back when I accidentally checked the 2nd box and some stuff went missing....but I can't remember just now what it was :) Michael do you remember ?

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't need the 2nd box checked , and IIRC,  and IIRC , Michael put me right a while back when I accidentally checked the 2nd box and some stuff went missing....but I can't remember just now what it was :) Michael do you remember ?

No. Sorry, I don’t specifically remember what it was.