Change floor structure type

lavorhaynie

Placing joist direction labels always shows "I-joist" floor structure when there is a room above.  I need to display a standard 2x10 structure. I am not able to do this. In Default Settings---Framing (framing defaults-1st-Subfloor for floor 2-Edit)---Floor Structure Definition (Structure Type) the Structure Type is set to "Lumber" and is always grayed out and not selectable.  

Question 1: Where/How do I set the Structure Type

Question 2: Why does "I-joist" show in the floor direction label when the Structure Type is set to "Lumber"?

See attached picture

using Chief x!0

image.thumb.png.de1c22bda72e981e78eb3ed77ca0bbfb.png

Thank you!

57 minutes ago, lavorhaynie said:

image.thumb.png.de1c22bda72e981e78eb3ed77ca0bbfb.png

You're in the right place. In your pic where you drew a yellow box around "Lumber" that's grayed out, the arrow is pointing to the subflooring (plywood). Click on the joist and you can change it to "Lumber"

Clicking in the "Thickness" field for Layer 2 also moves the arrow to the joist and allows the Type change.

1 hour ago, lavorhaynie said:

It is on the 1st floor where you set the ceiling and/or floor structure for floor 2.  

Here is the plan...

Princeton.plan

I do not think you are correct.  On level 1 you define the ceiling for level 1 and floor for level 1.  

On level 2 you will set the floor and ceiling for level 2.  I believe I am correct unless I am missing something.

If you are trying to define the floor for level 2,  you must be on level 2.

• Upvote 1