SMC2992

cabinet with drawer and shutter

image.thumb.png.cc41149192a7c6f5d9adf3e166befe76.png Hi friends

Can anyone advise me how to draw such type of cabinet in chief architect.

I have 30 drawers three in one line and 10 vertical, want double shutter in front of that cabinet. it is a steel cabinet 

Thanks in advance 

Salah

You can approximate it using cabinets like Russian nesting dolls. This example is three cabinets: 1 for the outer enclosure, a 2nd for the inner enclosure, and a 3rd for the drawers: cabinet.calibz

cabs.thumb.JPG.183b258c918894244fa8e6e4124f3538.JPG

You could also model the drawers as a symbol and insert them as an appliance into the 2nd cabinet - this would reduce the number of cabinets required to two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

You could also model the drawers as a symbol and insert them as an appliance into the 2nd cabinet - this would reduce the number of cabinets required to two.

Or into the shelf dialog as rollouts.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Darmic
    Newest Member
    Darmic

• By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.

I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?

I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?

• By VisualJoy
      Good afternoon,
      I am trying to design a kitchen but am having issues with both lower and upper cabinets that are convex.  I understand using the different door styles for the front, but how do I make the back of the cabinets fit?
    • By nancyscial
      I am trying to show a recessed wall cabinet bottom for inserting a light strip. 
      I need to be able to show the bottom of the cabinet recessed up by 1 1/2" with the sides still down. The doors should cover the recess also. 

• By Garreth
      Hi all any suggestions on how to adjust cabinet to angled wall.
      see image..
      note this cabinet will only be half functional from front on but the back will be chamfered to suit the wall.
      I have tried to look thru the options but nothing seems to address my requirements.

thanks in advance

• By LynnConstruction
      I've used an older cabinet program (Cabinet Vision) for producing cabinet cut sheets for some time now. I would like to use one program start to finish to simplify things. Our company owns our own cabinet shop and is used to mass cabinet production using these cut sheets. Is there a way to export cabinet data only through Chief Architect that I can give my cabinet builders to assemble off of?