Upgrade from Chief Architect 10?

Beachbum

I have a full version of Chief Architect 10 that I bought in approximately 2006. I worked only on Windows. Can I get deal to upgrade to Premier from the old version? Wondering what the cost would be?  Or do I  have to start all over with the new version altoghter?

Best to call in next week and see if they will give you a deal as online you can upgrade but any version prior to X5 means you have to pay in full. ($2795)

These days you can also Rent to Own at $200 mth and after 16mths  18mths now, it is yours....(@30% extra) This also get you SSA though so you would get X11 sometime 1st qtr next yr.

If you don't need all the Features there Days you could get HD Pro 2019 for $495 ...the $495 is rebated if you upgrade to full CA Premier.

If you do upgrade to Chief X10

keep your ver 10 installed and your hardware lock handy

there is no way to replace the old hardware locks

Starting with Chief X9 it is no longer capable of opening the older file format *.pl0,*.pl1 etc

or you could download the client viewer for Chief X8 which is free

and it can open the older files and then save them as .plan files (ver X8)

which can then be used by versions X9 and later

If you buy HD PRO you would still need to convert the older plans format

when you no longer need your ver 10 hardware lock

consider keeping it to donate to the next registered user who breaks or loses theirs

and doesn't need to upgrade

it is illegal to sell them so I have requested $5 to cover the mailing cost

when I have donated my older unwanted locks

Lew

• 4 months later...

How long can Chief Architect evolve? From what I have seen, it has reached the apex of its evolution. What more can this program offer, that it does not already cover? Even the lesser versions show signs of supremecy that to my mind, show the height of development.

Interactive scenarios with house building techniques in active motion, sound proof testing and elevator integration and electric efficiency tests are the only things I can think of.

Hmmm, there's always room for growth

CA has stated that they have a request list of fixes and features that is 4000+ long

and that was stated a few years ago 

so I'm thinking they have quite a ways to go yet 

Lew